By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Project Cars Wii U expectations. Will it be a good port? Will it even come out?

Tagged games:

?

It will be a good port 81 64.29%

It will be a bad port 16 12.70%

It will be cancelled 29 23.02%

Total:126

I wouldn't be surprised if it never came out

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
Around the Network

I voted for "it'll be a good port". They were pretty talkative about the Wii U edition way back before it was delayed for that platform only. But I'm also thinking that it might be just a rushed port... We're talking about a western dev, they usually use shady tactics.

I still have hopes for this game (to be good, not in terms of sales) but I was pretty miffed that the initially front-running WiiU version was delayed days after it got a publisher on board.

I gotta be honest, at this point I expect it to either be cancelled, or be put on the backburner and finished as a bare-minimum effort, a la Watch Dogs Wii U.

If it ends up looking better than Need for Speed Most Wanted U I'll be shocked.

Hate to say it but.....  If Project CARS comes out on the Wii U, it will be a shitty port due to the gamepad controller. ZL and ZR buttons are digital, not analog. Not being able to adjust how much gas or how much breaking you're doing via pressure like pedals in real life, is kind of a bad thing for a racing game. MK8 is an acception due to it being a kart racer, not a sports racer. 

“What I say is, a town isn't a town without a bookstore. It may call itself a town, but unless it's got a bookstore it knows it's not fooling a soul.”  - Neil Gaiman

Around the Network
Recycle001 said:

Hate to say it but.....  If Project CARS comes out on the Wii U, it will be a shitty port due to the gamepad controller. ZL and ZR buttons are digital, not analog. Not being able to adjust how much gas or how much breaking you're doing via pressure like pedals in real life, is kind of a bad thing for a racing game. MK8 is an acception due to it being a kart racer, not a sports racer. 

Theoretically, it could be assigned to the right analogue stick, but whether that will be an option remains to be seen.

curl-6 said:

Theoretically, it could be assigned to the right analogue stick, but whether that will be an option remains to be seen.

I suppose, but those are kinda funky controls. I also wanted to say I don't really care if it is or not, I don't like traditional racing games(GT, NFS, etc.)

“What I say is, a town isn't a town without a bookstore. It may call itself a town, but unless it's got a bookstore it knows it's not fooling a soul.”  - Neil Gaiman

It will come out.  

From what I recall, it's being ported from the PC version and not the same port as the Xbox One and Playsation 4 ones.

Lack of analog triggers is somewhat discerting but I they have to and will find some way to translate the graduated gas and brake (why not clutch) controls which racing simulators thrive on.  People have learned how to race on a console using a handheld analog trigger controller from the natural wheel, shifter and pedals and there is no reason to believe that we can learn a new way.  Not to be overly positive but who knows, maybe we will get a glimpse into the future of racing control.

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

slab_of_bacon said:

It will come out.  

From what I recall, it's being ported from the PC version and not the same port as the Xbox One and Playsation 4 ones.

Lack of analog triggers is somewhat discerting but I they have to and will find some way to translate the graduated gas and brake (why not clutch) controls which racing simulators thrive on.  People have learned how to race on a console using a handheld analog trigger controller from the natural wheel, shifter and pedals and there is no reason to believe that we can learn a new way.  Not to be overly positive but who knows, maybe we will get a glimpse into the future of racing control.

As I said, it has a second analogue stick, that in theory could be configured to function as a variable throttle/brake.

curl-6 said:
slab_of_bacon said:

It will come out.  

As I said, it has a second analogue stick, that in theory could be configured to function as a variable throttle/brake.

NFS uses this doesn't it? At least I remember playing it that way on the PC at one point.