Did you like IE?

No 217 78.34%

Yes 60 21.66%

Total:277
Kerotan said:
RenCutypoison said:
Kerotan said:
RenCutypoison said:

And they launched an new browser called IE 11 in 2014. My question is, is that built from ground up like they want people to believe it or is it an update of IE 11 with a cooler name ?

i read it is supposed to be from the ground up and favorable to developers and extentions but that could be just PR smoke and mirrors. Hopefully it is very similar to Chrome as is rumoured. Because this browser is used by a lot of people and so will the SPartan replacement. 

Chrome isn't that good. It's terrible for people using multiple tabs, it eats RAM as fast as a well fed Bamco PC port.

But I guess it's a very successful product.

I don't have any of those issues. The only program that eats RAM on my PC is Skype and IE actually uses a shit load even though it's never used. ANd I'm afraid to delete it because I heard it messes windows up if you do. 

I'm pretty sure you can't delete it. If you go into installed updates and remove IE it will just give you the next lower version. I'm not sure what happens if you try to uninstall IE8 though (on a win 7 machine)...

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Around the Network
Zkuq said:
the_dengle said:
The end of an era

The beginning of a better era.

The better era is already well under way, MS was just a little late to the party.

It's okay.

Kerotan said:

At an event showcasing Windows 10, Microsoft have announced that they are finally set to 'kill off' Internet Explorer.

The browser had been the whipping boy of Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox but now it's being replaced with a new 'slimline' software called Spartan.

Despite releasing 11 different versions of the browser, it often left users vulnerable to viruses on their machines and became known for being slower than an iPhone downloading a software update.

Spartan, the new Internet surfing software for Microsoft devices is being made with developers in mind. They will be able to make extensions similar to those used with Google Chrome, giving more flexibility with minimal effort.

It will sit alongside the Internet Explorer in its final days, watching it meet its cruel but deserved fate.

http://www.theladbible.com/articles/internet-explorer-to-be-killed-off-by-microsoft

lol what a major click bait article... Not only the title is misleading but not a single info in the article is true....

IE is still to this day one of the most used browser across the world and by far in the business space... And while it has not always been perfect in term of security it also does better than most...

and in terms of performance it also beats or at less match most of the competition in almost everything in many benchmarks...

to be fair I have used opera chrome firefox and even safari and in shit show insecure plain bs contest chrome wins hands down followed by safari... And if you don't need add ons Firefox is way too heavy for the common user and opera is great but websites are not always optimized...

but bottom line my PC is rarely ever turned downed my browser is always running with between 10 and 50 tabs open across several windows at any given times... And since IE 9 it has been the most enjoyable browser out of the lot and by far...

chrome is a straight up joke of a browser, it can't handle a tenth of what I expect from a browser and is a spyware by definition... Firefox is my backup and opera on my mac cause safari is not only terrible but Swiss cheese when it comes to security...

so yeah Firefox is great bit overkill for most users and IE is hands down one of the best all around solution... Hence why it is used in most company...

that guy needs to get a clue and people need to stop drinking shit cool aid scroogle is spreading they haven't done something great for ages and most of their product has been getting shittier and shittier... They are everything that was wrong with MS in the 90's...

This is going to have some major ramifications on online software users. Vast majority of business applications require IE to function. :-/

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
RenCutypoison said:
Kerotan said:
RenCutypoison said:
Isn' tthat just IE 12 with a different name (not sure on the number, haven't used IE since 2007)

they are launching a new browswer codenamed spartan. it's basically going to copy Chrome which is a good thing. 

And they launched an new browser called IE 11 in 2013. My question is, is that built from ground up like they want people to believe it or is it an update of IE 11 with a cooler name ?

Who know maybe they start a new browser from 0.

Where is your proof that it's just IE 13 with a cooler name

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Hiku said:

I remember Netscape Navigator in the same light as IE. No one likes it or its Bing apps.

Will they keep bing going for much longer? 

JOKA_ said:
Kerotan said:
RenCutypoison said:

Chrome isn't that good. It's terrible for people using multiple tabs, it eats RAM as fast as a well fed Bamco PC port.

But I guess it's a very successful product.

I don't have any of those issues. The only program that eats RAM on my PC is Skype and IE actually uses a shit load even though it's never used. ANd I'm afraid to delete it because I heard it messes windows up if you do. 

I'm pretty sure you can't delete it. If you go into installed updates and remove IE it will just give you the next lower version. I'm not sure what happens if you try to uninstall IE8 though (on a win 7 machine)...

Bad things happen if you try uninstall 

RenCutypoison said:
Kerotan said:

When I'm talking multi tabs it's between 10-128, chrome uses 50-250 mb per tab while firefox takes about 1.5GB with a hundred tabs.

Don't delete IE, a few windows functions and MS softwares use it. The best one can do is hide it as much as he can.

So true with regards to Chrome eating up RAM. Just about every day i need to research stuff and i end up with over 20 tabs daily. On my work PC, which has 4gb of RAM, Chrome can barely run at that point.

I noticed Firefox handles it somewhat better.

When it comes to dev features though I would say Chrome gets the nod ahead of Firefox.

I'm glad they are dropping Internet Explorer...hopefully they build a light weight browser from the ground up.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

They can't kill off the Internet Explorer!

The Internet Explorer is like bait for hackers!
Who will protect my Browser from hackers once IE is gone?

Platforms: Wii U, New 3DS, PS4, PC

currently playing: 
 -Yoshi's Wooly World 
 -Pokemon X
 -Fire Emblem Fates 

Zone: Europe (Germany)