By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Internet Explorer to be killed off by Microsoft

Did you like IE?

No 217 78.34%

Yes 60 21.66%

Total:277
riderz13371 said:
Internet Browser actually has some really good uses...

Like using it to download Google Chrome.

I never actually did that. If I needed to dl the exe. I used a dos cmd prompt. Just to avoid IE lol.

Around the Network

I will go with No. I'm comfortable enough with Baidu and Maxton Browsers. Chrome and Firefox is okay as well.

Pretty much the only use that I got out of IE was to download another browser.

Very sad how MS makes a lot of money despite every product they have is failing. The federal reserves does a good job to overblow american companies with money.

As a developer... THANK GOD!!!

Around the Network
riderz13371 said:
Internet Browser actually has some really good uses...

Like using it to download Google Chrome.

Literally the best feature of Internet Explorer.

10/10

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

We get it Microsoft, Halo is an Xbox exclusive, you can stop naming everything after it now.

Oh, and if it's just going to be like chrome, why would I stop using chrome?

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

RenCutypoison said:
Kerotan said:
RenCutypoison said:

Chrome isn't that good. It's terrible for people using multiple tabs, it eats RAM as fast as a well fed Bamco PC port.

But I guess it's a very successful product.

I don't have any of those issues. The only program that eats RAM on my PC is Skype and IE actually uses a shit load even though it's never used. ANd I'm afraid to delete it because I heard it messes windows up if you do. 

When I'm talking multi tabs it's between 10-128, chrome uses 50-250 mb per tab while firefox takes about 1.5GB with a hundred tabs.

Don't delete IE, a few windows functions and MS softwares use it. The best one can do is hide it as much as he can.

Right well 30 to tabs is the most I've ever needed and chrome was perfect. IE was a fucking plague though.  Using loads of ram despite never being used and the fact I couldn't delete it as you pointed out. 

The end of an era

the_dengle said:
The end of an era

The beginning of a better era.