By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Windows 10 Event: **LIVE** Windows 10 FREE to Windows 8, 8.1 and 7 Users.

What are you most anticipating?

The new Spartan Browser 50 23.92%

Virtual Reality debut 18 8.61%

PC Gaming with Xbox 55 26.32%

New Flasgship Phone 4 1.91%

New Surface Hardware 3 1.44%

START MENU 35 16.75%

Unknown new additions 14 6.70%

Cortana 9 4.31%

Other 15 7.18%

Total:203
kitler53 said:

it's just gotta allow over the internet or the feature is less than worthless.   the only way this has any value is if i can play game on my lunch break.

"i want to play my console games on my laptop screen instead of my tv" ~said no one ever.

Actually a lot of people would prefer playing on monitors as opposed to TV's due to the input lag on TV's.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
daredevil.shark said:
I can see Sony adding this feature in their VR.

They don't really need to. The Move already does this. Look up the tech demos before the move came out. They do the same thing via a TV screen. They've been doing this since 2006 2003 (eyetoy).

Fixed.

AZWification said:

Wow, I can upgrade for free to Windows 10? What an unexpected, yet pleasant surprise!

But what if its bad like Windows 8?! :O 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

AZWification said:

Wow, I can upgrade for free to Windows 10? What an unexpected, yet pleasant surprise!

I know, right? MS got everything covered!
Guess this puts the claims that Windows 10 is gonna suck to rest XD The cycle's continuing.

This stuff is why MS is and always will be the leader of PC OSs.

Headshot said:
kitler53 said:

it's just gotta allow over the internet or the feature is less than worthless.   the only way this has any value is if i can play game on my lunch break.

"i want to play my console games on my laptop screen instead of my tv" ~said no one ever.

Actually a lot of people would prefer playing on monitors as opposed to TV's due to the input lag on TV's.

no.  no they don't.  only forum dwellers even know a stat called input lag exists.

Around the Network

How long is this? There is supposed to be something big at the end...but I don't much care about hearing about Cortana or the cloud.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Okay. Its 1 am here. I am done. I liked game streaming section. But I was expecting more for portable windows OS. I guess apple will remain king there. Hologram is a nice touch.

Holograms look cool. Hope they can shrink the glasses down a little though.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Ka-pi96 said:
kitler53 said:
Headshot said:

no.  no they don't.  only forum dwellers even know a stat called input lag exists.

eh? There is input lag on TVs?

some can be really bad.  my tv has about ~500ms but that is due to some "image enhancing" software on the tv itself.  my tv has a "gamer mode" that turns that mode off and drops my input lag to ~50ms which is more than good enough.  anything under 100ms is generally accepable.

daredevil.shark said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

They don't really need to. The Move already does this. Look up the tech demos before the move came out. They do the same thing via a TV screen. They've been doing this since 2006 2003 (eyetoy).

Fixed.

Yeah, but the Move allowed them to finally control 3D objects in a 3D world or augmented reality situation. Microsoft definitely sells the idea better though.