Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MICROSOFT FY15 Q2: Analyst estimates beaten again. Revenue $26.5bn, Op income $7.8bn. Xbox 6.6m shipped.

Quarterly combined Xbox shipments?

2.5m to 3.0m 58 22.92%

3.1m to 3.5m 12 4.74%

3.6m to 4.0m 13 5.14%

4.1m to 4.5m 9 3.56%

4.6m to 5.0m 17 6.72%

5.1m to 5.5m 14 5.53%

5.6m to 6.0m 17 6.72%

6.1m to 6.5m 16 6.32%

6.6m to 7.0m 58 22.92%

7.1m to 7.5m 37 14.62%

Total:251
kowenicki said:
Seece said:
kowenicki said:
10.5m lumias sold.

decent

Up or down yoy? Total for the year so far? Total expected for the fiscal year?

Same quarter last year was 8.2m

Nice, very impressive given no new flagship.

I can see a day when they're doing over 50m Lumia SP a year.

Around the Network

So 7.4 million Xbox consoles sold 4th quarter 2013 and 6.6 million 4th quarter 2014 a 800,000 unit drop.

I am guessing this thread will die fast since these are some great results overall for MS and XBox :).

kowenicki said:
and what did I say about cloud.....

huge!

Do you happen to know what their Cloud division consists of, and what services they provide? And if so could you tell me some small details about it?

I'd honestly like to know, it looks promising.

kumagawa said:
So 7.4 million Xbox consoles sold 4th quarter 2013 and 6.6 million 4th quarter 2014 a 800,000 unit drop.

well yeah.  360....  10th year and all...

I'm not really here!

Link: Shipment History Since 1995

Around the Network
kumagawa said:

Do you realize you are comparing the launch quarter to the following year?

Kirin_gaming said:
kowenicki said:
and what did I say about cloud.....

huge!

Do you happen to know what their Cloud division consists of, and what services they provide? And if so could you tell me some small details about it?

I'd honestly like to know, it looks promising.

Here you go:

Commercial revenue grew 5% to $13.3 billion, with the following business highlights: 

·         Commercial cloud revenue grew 114% driven by Office 365, Azure and Dynamic CRM Online, and is now on an annualized revenue run rate of $5.5 billion

·         Office Commercial products and services revenue declined 1%; transactional revenue was impacted by the continued transition to Office 365 and declines in commercial PCs following the XP refresh cycle

·         Server products and services revenue grew 9%, with double-digit growth of SQL Server and System Center

·         Windows volume licensing revenue increased by 3%, with annuity revenue growth partially offset by declining transactional revenue

“We again saw enthusiasm and demand around our cloud offerings like Office 365, Dynamics CRM Online and Azure, as well as Surface Pro 3,” said Kevin Turner, chief operating officer at Microsoft. “Our sales engagement worldwide continues to focus on helping customers and partners transition to the cloud and navigate the shifting product mix related to our services and solutions.”

The office 365 + sharpoint combo is a no-brainer for businesses,  have it for my business, killed the IT department at a stroke and saved me thousands.

I'm not really here!

Link: Shipment History Since 1995

Puppyroach said:
I am guessing this thread will die fast since these are some great results overall for MS and XBox :).

You know it, look at all those low votes of people who won't comment.

Has anyone got an idea of the gap between PS3 and the 360 based on this update? It's clear, even if there is actually a lead for the PS3, it didn't happen as soon as some would have liked. I guess Microsoft predicted it right early on when they said PS3 would not have overtaken 360 by the end of the generation (which most here agreed at the time, occurred when the next generation started).

Take that, Xbox doom-mongers.