By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MICROSOFT FY15 Q2: Analyst estimates beaten again. Revenue $26.5bn, Op income $7.8bn. Xbox 6.6m shipped.

Quarterly combined Xbox shipments?

2.5m to 3.0m 58 22.92%

3.1m to 3.5m 12 4.74%

3.6m to 4.0m 13 5.14%

4.1m to 4.5m 9 3.56%

4.6m to 5.0m 17 6.72%

5.1m to 5.5m 14 5.53%

5.6m to 6.0m 17 6.72%

6.1m to 6.5m 16 6.32%

6.6m to 7.0m 58 22.92%

7.1m to 7.5m 37 14.62%

Total:251
Seece said:
Zekkyou said:

That's my assumption too... Likewise, as celador said, i expect Sony do it to hide the Vita's poor numbers.

The whole thing strikes me as rather silly though.

Indeed. MS are gonna have to update eventually and they're always gonna be behind, just a matter of fact. Though knowing MS, I can see them only talking about US figures and never mentioning WW sales (in any capacity) ever again lol.

Grrrr.

I suppose on the bright side both Sony and MS will be forced to present clear numbers once the PS3, 360 and Vita are inevitably discontinued. Hopefully, anyway :p Maybe we'll start getting X1 + Surface or PS4 + TV figures instead lol... (though i don't think either will actually do that).

Around the Network

Great numbers... on the X1 side let's see how the momentum will carry on to 2015.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Seems like Xbone shipments is below 11 milion like AMD released days before.

Now we need PS4 shipments to proper estimate Xbone.

ethomaz said:

No, that qould require higher than logical 360 shipments. It's already been clarified that AMD were talking sold to consumers.

ethomaz said:

What? No, no. AMD was referring to sold through numbers, so that kind of blows your theory out the window. What this shipment report shows is that X1 has had an amazing quarter and that 360 still stands as the second place console in generation 7.

Around the Network

Lol seems I missed the big thread. People have the numbers right in their faces and still won't believe it. It only makes sense for 360 to be down in its 9th year with barely ANY promotions. So why can't Xbox One be around 12m shipped?

DanRybacki said:
Take that, Xbox doom-mongers.

Lol Why? 

So xbox sales down 800k from previous years quarter. Wonder will it decline again in the quarter A year from now.. 

jlmurph2 said:
Lol seems I missed the big thread. People have the numbers right in their faces and still won't believe it. It only makes sense for 360 to be down in its 9th year with barely ANY promotions. So why can't Xbox One be around 12m shipped?

It is at 12m shipped which means it's only sold 11.5m. And thats despite the big sale in the usa.  if amazon 2015 is anything to go I by it will need another massive sale this year too.  

Good overall financial report from Microsoft as usual n

Great results.
Good XB1 numbers and outstanding overall profit.

Surface seems to be a Great success

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Kerotan said:
jlmurph2 said:

It is at 12m shipped which means it's only sold 11.5m. And thats despite the big sale in the usa.  if amazon 2015 is anything to go I by it will need another massive sale this year too.  

Good overall financial report from Microsoft as usual n

Only 11.5m? How is that bad? We still have people here not believing its over 10m.