By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WiiU first-to-third party ratio [8th gen VGCz poll]

First party titles / total

00 - 10 % 7 3.45%

11 - 20 % 6 2.96%

21 - 30 % 6 2.96%

31 - 40 % 12 5.91%

41 - 50 % 26 12.81%

51 - 60 % 17 8.37%

61 - 70 % 11 5.42%

71 - 80 % 21 10.34%

81 - 100 % 52 25.62%

See results 45 22.17%

Total:203

Mid-week bump! We are getting there, 100+ poll votes~

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
So far I have 100% 3rd party titles for Wii U, and even more funny is the fact that I don't own a Wii U yet ^^ I'm sure this number will change as soon as I buy an actual Wii U though

How did that happened? Did you buy a 3rd party WiiU game thinking it could work on the Wii? XD

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:
DanneSandin said:
So far I have 100% 3rd party titles for Wii U, and even more funny is the fact that I don't own a Wii U yet ^^ I'm sure this number will change as soon as I buy an actual Wii U though

How did that happened? Did you buy a 3rd party WiiU game thinking it could work on the Wii? XD

lol no, I got them because they were cheap and are getting harder and harder to find. I fear they'll soon be impossible to find at all.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

The problem with the Wii U is that outside of Skylanders and Disney Infinity they haven't had decent third party retail support since its first year was done. Some good digital and indie titles but retail, its all Nintendo which is a lot of lifting for Nintendo to do on its own.

NoirSon said:
The problem with the Wii U is that outside of Skylanders and Disney Infinity they haven't had decent third party retail support since its first year was done. Some good digital and indie titles but retail, its all Nintendo which is a lot of lifting for Nintendo to do on its own.

Yup, even though the VGCz Wii average ratio was 50-50, WiiU's will skew further and further towards first as time goes on.

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network

Nintendo - 8

So that would be 100%. Maybe someday I'll buy Rayman Legends, but I still haven't finished Rayman Origins.

46,7%

Nintendo - 14
Ubisoft - 8
THQ - 1
EA - 1
Disney Interactive - 1
Sega - 1
Square Enix - 1
Capcom - 1
Warner - 2

"Bonus Section"
Digital games I bought for Wii U

Indies - 18 (3 Nintendo* [16,7%], 1 Ubisoft, 14 misc. Devs)
VC NES -  11 (5 Nintendo [45,5%], 6 Capcom)
VC SNES - 13 (6 Nintendo [46,2%], 6 Capcom, 1 Konami)
VC  GBA - 4 (3 Nintendo [75%], 1 Capcom)
Wii - 7 (7 Nintendo [100%])

Remarks:
*I count the NES Remix games and Pullblox World as Nintendo games.

Platforms: Wii U, New 3DS, PS4, PC

currently playing: 
 -Yoshi's Wooly World 
 -Pokemon X
 -Fire Emblem Fates 

Zone: Europe (Germany)

5 - Nintendo
1 - Capcom

83%, I haven't bought any 3rd party games since the summer so that ratio of 1st party has gone up.

Weekend bump: we're at 130 poll votes!

I'll be counting the post votes until this post, and expect the update tomorrow around this time.

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Already updated the first post, and made the console comparison thread.

But I have more VGChartz data for Nintendo's home console from previous poll votes of the Wii era:

Wii 2010 to 2013 already saw a slight shift towards first party, nevertheless the VGChartz collection was still mainly 50-50. In 2014 WiiU's result had its maximum ratio in the 60-80 range; one year later (and with less third party releases) it's become a bimodal distribution between the 50-50 and the 1st party camps.

It will be interesting to see the further shift towards 1st party in next years poll

"¡Viva la Ñ!"