By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Classic Controller Wii content can be played on the Gamepad

I don't give a shit if it has Gamepad support, Nintendo. I want Pro Controller support.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
I don't give a shit if it has Gamepad support, Nintendo. I want Pro Controller support.

If either of them received support the other probably would too. They're basically identical in terms of buttons, triggers, and control sticks.

DrasticDracon said:

If either of them received support the other probably would too. They're basically identical in terms of buttons, triggers, and control sticks.

That should be the logic, right? Yet many times, that just isn't the case.

spemanig said:

DrasticDracon said:

That should be the logic, right? Yet many times, that just isn't the case.

It isn't the case with a lot of Wii U games, yeah.

But adding GamePad support for CC compatible Wii games while not doing so with the Pro controller would make Nintendo look ridiculous. 

God, now I'm afraid of that too.

axumblade said:
spemanig said:

I'm actually right there with you on that one....I like the Gamepad and all but the Pro Controller is just that much better overall. 

I think the pro controller is a bit werid and far too much like a 360 controller, and I hate that thing. But hey, to each his own :)

“What I say is, a town isn't a town without a bookstore. It may call itself a town, but unless it's got a bookstore it knows it's not fooling a soul.”  - Neil Gaiman

Around the Network
t3mporary_126 said:

Which of those games are coming to North America? And where did you get this list? I totally want Kirby Dreamland if it supports gamepad controls.

I think the list came from our Nintendo Direct or just after it.

Here's a link: http://nintendoeverything.com/upcoming-wii-games-releasing-on-the-european-and-japanese-eshops/

The European post-January Wii games

The Japanese post-January Wii games

Zangeki no Reginleiv in JAPAN!!!

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Recycle001 said:

I think the pro controller is a bit werid and far too much like a 360 controller, and I hate that thing. But hey, to each his own :)

I think it's MUCH better, but I loved that thing lol so I see it as an evolution.

Pandora's Tower came out last week in Japan. Any confirmations of these Gamepad controls?

Can any Japanese owner who owns the Wii game confirm if you have Gamepad controls with the digital or retail versions?

(I'm stretching this thin, there's only a few japanese users in VGCz)

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"