By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Order1886 Has Gone Gold New Trailer Shows Fantastic New Gameplay & Environments PO Details Revealed

Goodnightmoon said:
Dadrik said:

Actually, the guns and music got people's attention since the reveal. That was pretty much all there was to be hyped for, since we all believed it was pre-rendered CGI back then.

Well, what more is there to know about the game ? We saw how the gameplay looks, we know a bit about the story and characters, the setting, the lore, the weapons... The only thing left is the actual experience, but we can't play it until it's released. I just don't understand what your point is. The only thing we don't know is how it feels with a DS4 in hand, that's all. All the rest has been shown. What more do you want ? What more do you expect ? A full Playthrough before release ?

Gameplay has been show too, and it looks really dissapointing but nobody seems to care about it. You don´t need to feel it on your dualshock to see that it looks so so so average, but a good trailer is always more important.

Yes, gameplay has been shown. And, SPOILERS, it looks like a TPS. It has gunfights, fistfights, exploration, etc... Like any other TPS. Except the other TPS games don't get trashed. Go figure.

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.

Around the Network
Dadrik said:
tiffac said:
What I get from the thread is:

The game is hyped like TLOU but will be trashed by critics because it won't be one.

Go figure xD

I actually think it'll be thrashed because it doesn't have "next gen gameplay". That's something we already saw a bunch of times for a few designated games, but it's never applied to the whole. Why ? Well, it's a hyped game, so gotta make them people click, right ?

What's next gen gameplay? :O

Dadrik said:
Goodnightmoon said:
Dadrik said:

Actually, the guns and music got people's attention since the reveal. That was pretty much all there was to be hyped for, since we all believed it was pre-rendered CGI back then.

Well, what more is there to know about the game ? We saw how the gameplay looks, we know a bit about the story and characters, the setting, the lore, the weapons... The only thing left is the actual experience, but we can't play it until it's released. I just don't understand what your point is. The only thing we don't know is how it feels with a DS4 in hand, that's all. All the rest has been shown. What more do you want ? What more do you expect ? A full Playthrough before release ?

Gameplay has been show too, and it looks really dissapointing but nobody seems to care about it. You don´t need to feel it on your dualshock to see that it looks so so so average, but a good trailer is always more important.

Yes, gameplay has been shown. And, SPOILERS, it looks like a TPS. It has gunfights, fistfights, exploration, etc... Like any other TPS. Except the other TPS games don't get trashed. Go figure.

A TPS full of quick time events, hours of cinematics and worst gameplay than many others on the genre.

tiffac said:
Dadrik said:

I actually think it'll be thrashed because it doesn't have "next gen gameplay". That's something we already saw a bunch of times for a few designated games, but it's never applied to the whole. Why ? Well, it's a hyped game, so gotta make them people click, right ?

Even the reviewers don't know, that's what so funny about it :P

Goodnightmoon said:
Dadrik said:

A TPS full of quick time events, hours of cinematics and worst gameplay than many others on the genre.

It has QTEs, indeed, like a bunch of others (God of War, Uncharted, Heavy Rain, etc...).

Hours of cinematics ? Based on what ? You played the whole game ? How much does it last Also, it's supposed to be a "cinematic" experience. We all know that. It's like blaming The Witcher 3 for having RPG gameplay elements.

Worst gameplay ? Please explain how it differs from "many others on the genre".

I messed up, please ignore the second post I made. Just woke up, I still have to figure how my hands work.

Around the Network
Dadrik said:
Goodnightmoon said:
Dadrik said:

It has QTEs, indeed, like a bunch of others (God of War, Uncharted, Heavy Rain, etc...).

Hours of cinematics ? Based on what ? You played the whole game ? How much does it last then ? Also, it's supposed to be a "cinematic" experience. We all know that. It's like blaming The Witcher 3 for having RPG gameplay elements.

PwerlvlAmy said:
I find it funny that no one in that trailer that was hyping the game mentioned the actual gameplay xD

most of them were just like ''omg the graphics,great game'' xD

I counted 3 definite gameplay refrences and 2 or 3 more that might have been refrences to how the game plays...Did you watch the trailer?

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Dadrik said:
tiffac said:
Dadrik said:

Even the reviewers don't know, that's what so funny about it :P

For some reason I was expecting that xD

Dadrik said:

Hours of cinematics ? Based on what ? You played the whole game ? How much does it last then ?

I´m talking about what the game seems to be based on the gameplay video they´ve made, of course i ccan be wrong and this game can be a masterpiece, but that is how the actual game feels nowadays when you watch the gameplay... my point is that doesn´t matter how many videos show how bad is the game (if is bad) when you have great trailers, i´m repeating myself a lot, but I insist, this game can be very very bad but doesn´t matter, is going to be a succed anywhere, and I insist, this new gen is a shame, the worst gen i´ve ever see, ever, we make bad games succed just because they show us nice graphics in hollywood trailers, that´s a pitty and NOBODY can defend that, nobody. Actual gameplay is secondary nowadays, the game doesn´t have to reach your heart or your mind anymore, just has to reach your eyes.

Goodnightmoon said:
Dadrik said:

Hours of cinematics ? Based on what ? You played the whole game ? How much does it last then ?

I´m talking about what the game seems to be based on the gameplay video they´ve made, of course i ccan be wrong and this game can be a masterpiece, but that is how the actual game feels nowadays when you watch the gameplay... my point is that doesn´t matter how many videos show how bad is the game (if is bad) when you have great trailers, i´m repeating myself a lot, but insist, game can be very very bad but doesn´t matter, is going to be a succed anywhere, and I insist this new gen is a shame, the worst gen i´ve ever see, ever, we make bad game suceed just because they show us nice graphics in hollywood trailers, and that´s a pitty NOBODY can defend that, nobody.

Sooo....no explaination of how the gameplays is worse than other TPS games? We've all seen the gameplay, there just seems to be a group who think that because we're in a new gen EVERYTHING must change...You can't have anything carry over from older genes or play styles without it being considered bad, and quite frankly I think it's dumb. Innovation is great when it's done well, but we've also seen plenty of "innovative" garbage. I have no problem with a more convential game that just works the way it's supposed to, doubly so if it tells a good story and looks great doing it.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.