By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Order1886 Has Gone Gold New Trailer Shows Fantastic New Gameplay & Environments PO Details Revealed

Do games often go gold 1 month before launch?

Don't copy random editorials.

Around the Network
ThatDanishGamer said:
Do games often go gold 1 month before launch?

Yes, pretty often if I'm not mistaken. 

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.

Dadrik said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Actually most of the people is going to buy this game anyway, bad or good, with a 99 on metacritic or with a 70, is going to be a success no matter what happens because it has the graphic hype, we have seen this on 2014 EVERYTIME, people buy things that looks great on trailers, and this game is going to sell like a beast even if is a complete disappointment.

So because YOU weren't convinced by what you saw, people shouldn't buy the game ?

I'm sure as hell buying it because, as I stated before, the game has an appealing setting, cool guns, cool characters, nice musics, a story I'm interested in, etc... The graphics are a plus, but that's not why people will buy it.

Also, Metacritic scores are a joke. Seriously. Using such an "argument" is ridiculous. Most of the time, good games get trashed, bad games get praised, etc... It's rare to see an actual good/bad game being rated accordingly. So yeah.

"Graphic hype" ? Yeah, just like Killzone Shadow Fall or AC: Unity.

So one again, of course people will talk about graphics, but none of your points are valid here.

Just look at the hype Bloodborne is getting. It's a nice looking game overall, thanks to the art design, but apart from the art, the graphics are really not that great. But it's on the way to be one of the PS4 biggest hits so far.

Yeah, they are when the are not giving the scores that you want to the games of your console choice.

Goodnightmoon said:

Yeah, they are when the are not giving the scores that you want to the games of your console choice.

Wrong. Totally wrong. That's just a stupid statement.

Don't take the usual troll/fanboys as example, that would be even more stupid.

Anyways, think what you want, since you keep ignoring what I say about why The Order is getting so much hype.

Since some people don't get the hype around The Order, I'll try to explain how I see it.

Do you want to know why it's expected that much ? Because of The Last Of Us.

Why ? A third person shooter with a strong story and even stronger characters, in a nice setting. Also, nice graphics.
And guess what ? That's what The Order has been showing as well. Since the very beginning.

If you didn't like TLOU, I understand why you don't get it, but remember, whether you like it or not, TLOU has made gaming history. It's not only a massive hit for an exclusive new IP so late in the 7th gen, it's also already a classic. I remember people saying the hype would disappear a few months after release, but now it's been more than a year, and it hasn't even decreased. Just look at the Remaster sales, at how often the game is brought up when talking about Playstation, Naughty Dog, or gaming in general.

I'm sure anyone hyped for The Order has The Last Of Us in mind when they think about it. Well, that's what i think, because I sure do. I'm not claiming The Order will be as good as TLOU was, but it reminds me of it, and I like what I'm seeing, so of course I'm hyped. Just like I'm hyped for Quantum Break.

Around the Network
Dadrik said:

Anyways, think what you want, since you keep ignoring what I say about why The Order is getting so much hype.

No i don´t, but the game has this amount of hype since day one, when we didn´t know about cool weapons and cool music (something that everybody was expecting btw) So don´t try to convince me, i´m gonna play the game anyway because some friends of mine are hyped loooooong time ago with this (like so many people) and they don´t now nothing abouut the game, but looks amazing on trailers, an that´s what the 80% of people neeeds to buy the game, wich is a shame.

Goodnightmoon said:
Dadrik said:

No i don´t, but the game has this amount of hype since day one, when we didn´t know about cool weapons and cool music (something that everybody was expecting btw) So don´t try to convince me, i´m gonna play the game anyway because some friends of mine are hyped loooooong time ago with this (like so much people) and they don´t now nothing abouut the game, but looks amazing on trailers, an that´s what the 80% of people neeeds to buy the game, wich is a shame.

Actually, the guns and music got people's attention since the reveal. That was pretty much all there was to be hyped for, since we all believed it was pre-rendered CGI back then.

Well, what more is there to know about the game ? We saw how the gameplay looks, we know a bit about the story and characters, the setting, the lore, the weapons... The only thing left is the actual experience, but we can't play it until it's released. I just don't understand what your point is. The only thing we don't know is how it feels with a DS4 in hand, that's all. All the rest has been shown. What more do you want ? What more do you expect ? A full Playthrough before release ?

What I get from the thread is:

The game is hyped like its TLOU but will be trashed by critics because it won't be one.

Go figure xD

tiffac said:
What I get from the thread is:

The game is hyped like TLOU but will be trashed by critics because it won't be one.

Go figure xD

I actually think it'll be thrashed because it doesn't have "next gen gameplay". That's something we already saw a bunch of times for a few designated games, but it's never applied to the whole. Why ? Well, it's a hyped game, so gotta make them people click, right ?

Dadrik said:

Actually, the guns and music got people's attention since the reveal. That was pretty much all there was to be hyped for, since we all believed it was pre-rendered CGI back then.

Well, what more is there to know about the game ? We saw how the gameplay looks, we know a bit about the story and characters, the setting, the lore, the weapons... The only thing left is the actual experience, but we can't play it until it's released. I just don't understand what your point is. The only thing we don't know is how it feels with a DS4 in hand, that's all. All the rest has been shown. What more do you want ? What more do you expect ? A full Playthrough before release ?

Gameplay has been show too, and it looks really dissapointing but nobody seems to care about it. You don´t need to feel it on your dualshock to see that it looks so so so average, but a good trailer is always more important.