By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games that will have a hard time escaping the shadow of their forebears

Tagged games:

Shadow fo The Eternals. Because, you know. Wordplay

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
Wright said:

I wish. All I know is that Dark Souls is a timeless masterpiece with the best dungeon design I've ever witnessed in a game. It will be extremely difficult for Bloodborne to top that, in my eyes. I loved Dark Souls 2, but it was nowhere as good as DS1.

I've only played Dark Souls 1 and I really liked it, but Bloodbornes setting appeals much more to me as well as that the game is more offensively oriented and faster, so the cards are definitely in Bloodbornes hand to at least for me personally become a game that I'll enjoy more than Dark Souls. Also I'll most likely be going in blind with Bloodborne, with Dark Souls I have to admit that I sometimes peaked into some walkthroughs to get an idea on where to go next, I think that also took away something from the experience.

I never used walkthroughs on Dark Souls 1. I think that, if enough patience was put into it, you could eventually figure things out. Dark Souls 2, on the other hand, had some Gamefaqs bullshit that I didn't like in the slightless.

Setting on Bloodborne is interesting. It breaks up a bit the formulaic fantasy setting formula. As for being more offensively oriented, I don't know. I pretty much charged at everything in Dark Souls 1

Overall? Anything Naughty Dog, Metal Gear Sold

Skyward Sword & 3D World already disappointed many because of not living up to Twilight / Galaxy

As for my personal games?

The Last Of Us, Pikmin 3, Zelda Wind waker, (was my first) they will be hard to top for me.

DerNebel said:

Let me tell you Bloodborne is going set up the bar at a new height for future Souls games, Dark Souls 3 and (a hopefully being made) Bloodborne 2 are going to be measured on Bloodbornes greatness.

Yes, I have very realistic expectations for that game.

Yeah, I agree.

Darwinianevolution said:
Any Pokemon game after Gold/Silver/Crystal. No matter how good they are, they won't sell as well or be loved as much by as many people as the originals.

Even GSC aren't seen as as good as the originals by the ignorant who will never give them a chance.

Around the Network

Temple Run 3.

The last of us and the sequel to infamous second son

Ka-pi96 said:

Does this mean there's not such thing as too many waifus?

Too... many... whaaaaaaa...?

No, of course there's not.