By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The 50 Best Selling Games of all PlayStation Systems in Japan

lehamsy said:
I just realized that Mario Golf was created as a response to Hot Shots Golf. Funny, I thought it was the other way around. And it seems MG never became as big as HSG. Japanese gamers really love golf, this finally explains why Sony keeps making those games, they're popular over there.

Also, Hot Shots Golf and Gran Turismo are the only Sony franchises that appeal to Japanese audiences.

Mario golf has been around since the nes.

Around the Network

The lack of Atelier on these lists kills my soul. Well at least Tales of made it.

Its been 3 months, time for an update.

We got Famitsu's Top 1000 for 2013, so some old Vita, PSP and PS3 games got an update, after that well new games of course.

Nothing has joined on the PS3, Persona 4 DAN is the most noteworthy new addition to the PSV side, however the most impressive thing is Minecraft, last update I mention how impressive it was for it to be so high and now its at the top, never to leave that position.

Not many new games on PS4, The Witcher 3 probably the biggest addition however there are updated LTD for certain games, like GTAV and Bloodborne (which was brand new on the last update).

Digital is included by the way.

Will update again in 3 months.

Three months passed, time for an update.

All 3 PlayStation systems reached a milestone in terms of games, PS3 now over 800 releases, PSV over 300 and PS4 over 100.

No updates on PS3 top 50, nothing on released on the last quarter got near close, even it's biggest release, MGSV was barely able to enter the top 100. I don't have much hopes for upcoming releases to make it either, people are moving onto the PS4, there is an already released game that has a chance however, Minecraft needs to sell an extra 40k and will be part of the list too, so not calling it the final list just yet.

While the Vita gets tons of games, most don't get near the top 50, still it's noteworthy how Minecraft keeps getting further away from everything else, also Taiko claimed a lot. Noteworthy new additions are Tokyo Xanadu, just one week of charting too.

PS4 got too many new releases to name them all, most noteworthy is MGSV which is the best selling game of the system, sadly we have no digital data just yet so it'll be reflected on the chart so it'll have to settle for a #2 for now.

Will update again in 3 months.

MGS V is the #1 PS4 game. Nice for Kojima. Can't wait for FF15, KH3, and FF7:R to come out.

Around the Network

Wow, this is an impressive compilation of work. It's all Famitsu physical (+ digital when available)?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Metal Gear Solid 5, the Game of the Year of all systems, the number 1 in japan. great :)

Damn splatoon is a beast

outlawauron said:
Wow, this is an impressive compilation of work. It's all Famitsu physical (+ digital when available)?

Except for the times when I make clear that it isn't from Famitsu, yes.

And it does include digital.

Thread updated.

Minecraft sells big on Vita, Metal Gear on top in PS4, Black Ops, Star Wars and Fallout well well too.

Will update again in three months.