By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anyone else think Bioshock is over-rated?

For the life of me, I can't understand why people are head over heels for this game.  I've played it for a few hours and I'm thoroughly unimpressed.  Did anyone else feel this way when they played it?  Does it get better later on in the game?

Around the Network

Well, it's just a question of taste, after 1 hour only, i was already thinking that it was one of the best games i have played these last years and the best fps since Half Life 1 in 1998.

Zones : I still don't understand all the love for Blizzard, what was the last game they developed worth playing?

@AOA-- agree--i thought is was fun once you could sup up your powers and guns.....

but the graphics were crappy--all the time i would run up on people with the wrench inhand and be able to smack them down before the game finished rendering all the details

Ya it was a really good game.

Yes, god yes! How this game managed to get so many GOTY's is beyond me.

Its a mediocre game dressed in fancy art direction and atmosphere. Nothing else of merit.

Around the Network

IT only gets better (except for the last 15 minutes, as the ending was less than stellar).

But yes, your pretty alone in not liking the game. Stick it out though is it undoubtedly improves.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Except for okeydokey apparently:)

mrpapaye said:
Well, it's just a question of taste, after 1 hour only, i was already thinking that it was one of the best games i have played these last years and the best fps since Half Life 1 in 1998.

I'm a big fan of FPS, so this is my type of game.  I plan on finishing it, getting all the achievements and then Ebaying it.  Also, there's no multiplayer - so no replayability!

i tried the demo, had great grafix and sound, but wasnt my type of game,

personally i think it was well overhyped by reviews

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

There is two endings, and one is better than the other. Im in the middle of replaying it a third time on the hardest difficulty. It should bring my total hours from this game to around 70, so there is plenty of fun to be had:)