By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anyone else think Bioshock is over-rated?

Oh man, Bioshock is one of my favorite games ever! I love this game. But I really enjoy the atmosphere and story. So I think it depends on your taste of course. The gameplay wasn't anything revolutionary or anything. But I love getting lost in the world of Rapture....

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Around the Network

And it doesn't get better toward the end. Everything after Fort Frolic is a chore.

It also has one of the slackest endings in gaming history.

I enjoyed the game for the most part, but I think it would have been better if it ended when a certain person died, rather than dragging it out.........(there, i said it without and spoilers)

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I truly enjoyed it.

I thought it was one of the best games I've ever played. The only problem I had with it was that the ending sucked.

Gamertag: KillswitchTris PSN ID: KsET665 Wii Friend Code: 8415 6393 6330 0940 (PM me if you add me)
Feel Free To Add Me Tag: LISMDK - Extremely bad taste in music
Around the Network

Don't get me wrong though, I liked the game. 8.5 from me :)

Bioshock deserves a great deal of recognition. Lately we've been seeing the same WW2/futuristic FPS game released over and over again with very little variation, but this game manages to have a very disctint style, some great writing, and signature characters with almost Silent Hill 2-levels of awesome. Being absolutely gorgeous and having the best water effects ever doesn't hurt.

On the other hand, it's just a slightly dumbed down HD version of System Shock with sci-fi stuff replaced with steam punk, not to mention very linear. It could also be argued that a huge chunk of the game's critical appeal came from being a not completely brainless FPS at a time when everyone still loved shooters, but was getting bored with the brainless part.

One of the games to remember from 2007, but by no means the best game of the year. 

Why do people think this game is short? It took me 22 hours. That is a LONG time for a single player shooter these days.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I loved this game, 9.5/10

the art is great and the history has good twists

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

I really love this game too...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."