By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Would you kill a killer?

If i was confronted with him and my life was threatened, then yes.

But not if its some kind of execution type shit and i had to pull the trigger

Around the Network

No!

If you kill a killer, then what makes you better in the slightest than he was? Even worse, stating that you would do so does make your kill a cold-blooded murder, while his kill before might not have been so.

pbroy said:
Rape and torture is a better sentence. Why let them off easy by killing them?

Rape and torture costs taxpayers money....having some vigilante come kill them is free (I can guarantee 1 million people would volunteer for the job of legal killer of killers)

Wright said:
RCTjunkie said:
That is not a responsibility I want to have the power to do so I guess no.

Heh, that just reminded me that during Franco's regime in Spain, random people were designated as executioner for the captured rebels or anarquists. They used an interesting gizmo called Garrote Vil, on which they placed the rebel sitting in a chair, tied up, and the executioner has to spin a wheel that eventually will crush the bones and break the neck thanks to the pressure of the constrains.

If someone designated as executioner refused, he would be the next one sitting on the Garrote Vil, waiting for a third executioner to come by. :P

Holy crap, history is brutal. Honestly if my life was on the line I would likely break down and do it, especially if it was a known killer. 

I try to be as merciful and loving in the grand scheme of things and philosophical scenarios, but I can't even be patient enough for someone taking too long in the Chipotle line. I'm terrified to see what I would do when push came to shove. 

Marks said:
pbroy said:
Rape and torture is a better sentence. Why let them off easy by killing them?

Rape and torture costs taxpayers money....having some vigilante come kill them is free (I can guarantee 1 million people would volunteer for the job of legal killer of killers)

I'm pretty sure there are some people out there that would rape and torture for free.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network

No. I would rather have the killer spend the rest of their life in confinement.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

iceland said:
Death penalty? No

Problem is that there's a lot of wrongly convicted people, too many innocent lives have been killed because of the death penalty. Why not just have them rot away in a cell to be safe?

But if you're talking about in self defense, yes.

What's the point? Keeping them in a cell for life is expensive and kind of a waste in tax payer's money! 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Uh...murder is punishable by law....so no, I wouldn't kill ANYONE.
I don't want to go to jail.

Would I? Don't think so.

I would never kill another human being.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"