By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Naughty Dog won't push Uncharted 4 to 60fps if it compromises player experience

Yet more proof that Naughty Dog are effectively perfect game developers.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
If Sony hadn't just been loud at last year e3 about the "realtime" trailer being 60fps, this talk would not happen. So I guess they are somewhat to blame for this now.
And "aiming" for 60fps would require the game being comfortably above 60fps for it being locked and not fluctuating. I doubt this will happen when they are currently in 37 fps.

It's also because ND has hyped up 60 fps ever since tlou remastered.  I don't mind 30 fps in single player but I really hope for 60fps mp...

Hynad said:
Nem said:

So, i dont get it. How is it that a game like Bayonetta 2 is on the Wii U has amazing graphics and 60fps and these oh so powerful next-gen systems can't handle it? 

Seriously, can you guys even tell the difference between 1080p and 900p? Cause i cant unless the image is zoomed in. FPS on the other hand, is impossible to not feel on the fluidity and responsiveness of the game.

I keep hearing that the game loses stuff on screen to go for a higher fps, but the truth is quite the oposite. You gain twice as much frames. You gain fluidity of movements and awesome gameplay. How can that not be better than a dumb particle effect or mobs of NPC's with pointless AI cluttering the screen ala Ac Unity? UC has everything to be 60fps. It isnt an open world. Theres no excuse.

Bayonetta 2 has 60fps graphics with assets barely more advanced than what was seen on the 7th gen.

The rest of your comment shows that you have no idea how games are developed, so I'd rather not waste time on providing examples when I know I will be greeted with more bad faith and excuses.

Now, how will you react when they announce that Zelda U will have a locked 30fps frame rate? Will you shit on Nintendo in the same manner?

I know you won't. But until then, I fully expect you to pretend you'll act the same.

If you have a point to make, make it. Your post is not very good otherwise.

What if Zelda is 30fps? Zelda is an open world and the Wii U is the weaker system. Its the PS4 and X1 that tout next-gen that need to up their game. Wii U is the one that is expected to slack but isnt. For all the extra power, the new consoles are doing a poor job.

This has nothing to do with knowing how the development process goes. This has to do with results. The assets on PS4 and X1 are that much different? Then howcome most games are still coming out on the 360 and PS3? Howcome we can see little difference unless we zoom in the image?

I also fully expect you to deny simple facts in front of you, so we are in agreement there. What matters is the consumer perspective at the end of the day.

Also, no developer in good counscious can say that 60fps isnt better for the product in technical terms. Its a marvel to behold and just isnt achieved more often because of publisher deadlines.

If the frame rate is a solid 30 - 45 FPS without a drop then it's fine with me. Playing TLoU: Remastered on 60FPS compared to 30FPS & the former didn't feel "right" IMO. Uncharted 4 is fine with 1080P/30FPS especially since the visuals are a damn joy to look at. Some talk like 30FPS means a broken game lol.

PotentHerbs said:
If the frame rate is a solid 30 - 45 FPS without a drop then it's fine with me. Playing TLoU: Remastered on 60FPS compared to 30FPS & the former didn't feel "right" IMO. Uncharted 4 is fine with 1080P/30FPS especially since the visuals are a damn joy to look at. Some talk like 30FPS means a broken game lol.

It really is hard going from 60 back to 30 though.

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
Around the Network

well, at the very least they are being honest instead of promising that wasnt going to be kept like the promise of the native 1080p 60fps on killzone

MGS V looks perfect and it's 60fps. Kojima productions > ND

That's alright we all know Uncharted 5 will end up looking twice as good and running at 60 fps and Uncharted 6 will be even better at 240 fps, game graphics always get better over time.

PotentHerbs said:

But it was Naughty Dog themselves that said that.

I'm really disappointed that 60 FPS and less input lag isn't somehow a part of the player experience this gen. Games get prettier but sometimes I feel like all the other stuff I took for granted keep devolving.