By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Next gen hardware totals - Nintendo winning!

Well that's one way to spin things.

Around the Network
arcaneguyver said:

You're adding qualifiers that didn't exist in the post I quoted. Regardless, that survey has it at 71% of gamers are over the age of 18. Are you assuming that all 29% of the 18 and under crowd game on consoles & PC and not mobile devices? Further, that less than half the adult gaming population, 28% or lower, are true Scottsmen? 

I'm saying that "study" concerns social gaming. And everybody plays games on facebook or whatever. I mean, my mother plays facebook games for crying out loud. And she's almost 60. I believe what we are talking about in this thread are the so-called hardcore gamers, and regarding that matter that link you posted is not representative at all. Hell, if I say one out of 10 gamers is a girl I might be exagerating for your benefit.

"So what games have women been playing all these years, now that we know they haven't just been wasting time trying to get their Facebook friends to give them free lives on Candy Crush

Casual computer games, mostly." end quote

This article is waaaaay off about console gaming. Way off.

That's an odd way of looking at things. Of course Nintendo would win when you compare it like that.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Congrats to Nintendo. They are and always will be the best.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Giggs_11 said:
arcaneguyver said:
Giggs_11 said:

When do people face the fact that gaming is not for adults.

Hmm. 

http://www.dailydot.com/geek/adult-women-largest-gaming-demographic/

You use a link about a study which in the link says adult women is the largest demographic in gaming? Really?

I haven't read that but I bet it is talking about mobile/casual games... 

*reads article*

Yeaaaah, those aren't exactly the same demographic as the ones who buys consoles...

Btw there are many adult gamers nowadays, but even those started of as  gamers when they were kids. About zero to none adult gamers begun gaming when already adults and married.

So you are just going to make up statistics to reinforce your invented 'fact'?  I happen to know plenty of adults that got into gaming after they were already adults and married...

Around the Network

3ds isn't last gen?

Nate4Drake said:
Home Consoles is what really matters.

Please explain.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

How many times do we have to go through this. Businesses are profit-maximizing. Whoever makes the most profit, "wins" in the short-term. Whoever wins in the long-term can't really be predicted, otherwise companies would be able to organize around this long-term prediction and succeed.  

Nintendo will likely be more profitable in the end.

marley said:
Giggs_11 said:
arcaneguyver said:
Giggs_11 said:

When do people face the fact that gaming is not for adults.

Hmm. 

http://www.dailydot.com/geek/adult-women-largest-gaming-demographic/

You use a link about a study which in the link says adult women is the largest demographic in gaming? Really?

I haven't read that but I bet it is talking about mobile/casual games... 

*reads article*

Yeaaaah, those aren't exactly the same demographic as the ones who buys consoles...

Btw there are many adult gamers nowadays, but even those started of as  gamers when they were kids. About zero to none adult gamers begun gaming when already adults and married.

So you are just going to make up statistics to reinforce your invented 'fact'?  I happen to know plenty of adults that got into gaming after they were already adults and married...

"Zero to none" is an exageration, just a way of putting it. I don't need a statistic to know this, it's just logical.

As for your 2nd statement, sorry, I just don't buy it.

This was nice of you but I think you missed the whole point of what I was saying. This thread was unnecessary to say the least and if you actually care you can just PM me