By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - December 2014 NPD Thread! XBO, PS4, Wii U up! Many software up!

Such a shame there aren't LTD Pikmin 3 numbers :(

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network

captain toad did good
dk is probably around 500k in US which is good
bayonetta 2 is disappointing but its doing better in US compared to ps3 and xbox 360 versions(and they had a lot bigger install base)
forza horizon 2 did good so thats great
and driveclub is awesome
why you american ps owners dont buy it

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Oh jeez, VGC has the 360 over by 1.9 million on terms of LTD. And the Wii is under by 234k

Credit to GAF

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

Hiku said:
small44 said:
Hiku said:
small44 said:
Hiku said:
small44 said:

They fix al their problems i don't see why people would hate xbone for this forever

Xbox One is region locked in China, and doesn't allow second hand game sales. PS4 is not region locked theer or anything like that. So it's not strange if people are still weary about MS's intentions.

Only China you think other people will care about that they will only care about their country

Of course they'll care. Because they tried to do it everywhere, and ultimately failed because Sony did the opposite. Doing it in China may show that they still try to get away with it wherever/whenever they think they can. Which could be in our regions as well later on or next gen, etc.

Though apparently it's not set in stone if PS4 will be region free or not yet, so I'll hold off my judgement until it launches.

Once chinese people will protest about that they will remove it.

I don't think anybody think mcrosoft will region lock it again

If PS4 ends up region free in China and Xbox One isn't, then it suggests the opposite. That they're still keen on implementing it whenever they think they can.
And question is if the Chinese people will. I havent heard anything so far. It's their first official console after all. If anything, they might when PS4 launches and they see the difference, if PS4 remains region free.

Even back when they first reversed the decisions, they stipulated that they "reserve the rights to change these decisions at any time". So people were weary about it since then. I doubt they'd try to do it in the regions who already have a region free Xbox One today, but I doubt theyve given up on the idea. It would be naive to just assume that.
The opportunity may arise at a later point in time. So it's definitely worth keeping an eye on this. Particularly the China situation when PS4 launches.

I sure Sony would had do the same think if they can,but Sony knew it would mean less sales,Microsoft know now that if they change their decision  again it would be less sales so they will never do it again

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Sony knew from the begining that people won't like it that's why they didn't do it Microsoft no once people start to protest they understand

I doubt Microsoft is stupid to make the same mistake 2 time

Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network
small44 said:

Sony knew from the begining that people won't like it that's why they didn't do it Microsoft no once people start to protest they understand

I doubt Microsoft is stupid to make the same mistake 2 time

If lifetime xbox one sales are good in America they probably will. They will know the majority won't care and if they do they can change policy again and be okay.

I don't see them doing that

Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

3DS - 80m

KyleeStrutt said:
Ninsect said:

How does that compare to 2013 sales, do you know? Probably down, right?

Don't have 2013 data :(

But yes, it pretty much is down.

Scratch that, I do have data, PS Vita went from ~467k in 2013 to ~380k in 2014, it is indeed down.

Metallox said:
Such a shame there aren't LTD Pikmin 3 numbers :(

The game is probably 1M physical sold. The game is out of print now and it seems they are not pressing any more copies. All that is left is price gougers and the rare loose in store copy. I found this out late and checked every target and walmart in my area (I trust gamestops stock counter but not these 2). I found 1 copy in the 30 odd Target/Walmarts in my area. If I didnt drive for a living paying the $100+ gouger price would have been a better idea.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Hate will hate...

From GAF.

Destiny sold roughly 1 million in December.