By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - December 2014 NPD Thread! XBO, PS4, Wii U up! Many software up!

tak13 said:
Seece said:

According to NPD LTD's we have PS4 overtracked 100k, WiiU 100k, 3DS 400k and XB1 70k. Vita around 200k+ undertracked.

Eh?Where these derive from...?

NPD ltd numbers. Vita will easily beat the wiiU to 10m in light of these numbers. Will have a good chance of staying in front for a long time yet especially with China release this year. 

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
tak13 said:
Seece said:

According to NPD LTD's we have PS4 overtracked 100k, WiiU 100k, 3DS 400k and XB1 70k. Vita around 200k+ undertracked.

Eh?Where these derive from...?

NPD ltd numbers. Vita will easily beat the wiiU to 10m in light of these numbers. Will have a good chance of staying in front for a long time yet especially with China release this year. 

....Kerotan why you intervene?

For example,I haven't seen any comment about 3ds LTD in the npd thread on neogaf,further more I m seeing 3.7m wii u LTD in the thread,here it's at 3.757m! 57k overtracked and seece says 100k...

How you define the long time?

From the known member on gaf:

ps3 sold 299k last dec, but it's -41% this dec 

So PS3 176K

tak13 said:

So PS3 176K

The comment you took that info from is literally the one that mentions 3DS hardware.

Edit: And to Aqua: We're always alive sweety. If you want a shout out then just say so :-*

Aqua should really post here instead of talking about us on gaf

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
tak13 said:

So PS3 176K

The comment you took that info from is literally the one that mentions 3DS hardware.

Edit: And to Aqua: We're always alive sweety. If you want a shout out then just say so :-*

Eh?So what?http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=147712493&postcount=2301:P

PS3 299K*41%=122.59K=176.41K :p

DerNebel said:
Ouch, some PS4 software was really heavily overestimated, though I guess that makes sense when you have PS4 software overtracked by 10 million units overall...

Do people now finally believe me when I say that Bayo 2 is seriously overtracked in the US?

NEVER!!!1!!1!!1!      

tak13 said:
DerNebel said:

Eh?So what?http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=147712493&postcount=2301:P

PS3 299K*41%=122.59K=176.41K :p

Yeah I know, but in your post above you said that you didn't see a post in the Gaf thread about 3DS ltd numbers, Aqua just gave you/us/the world december numbers for the 3DS, from that Seece could easily calculate ltd numbers himself, assuming he has the old numbers.

Euphoria14 said:
Skidmore said:
Amiibo will do more money than Xbox Live/PSN combined.. That shit already sold 2,5 million in one month in the US. And there is a new wave almost each week.

Amiibos sold 2.5M in Nov + December combined. PS+ has 11M (10.9M as of Jan. 4th) by itself and costs $50 while an Amiibo costs $12. 2.5M Amiibos @ $12 = $30M. 11M PS+ subs @ $50 = $550M. If they keep this pace of 2.5M per 2 months that is $180M. This is way way WAY behind PS+ and it doesn't even include Xbox LIVE.

In other words, your claim is HIGHLY unlikely, especially since PS+ and Live are recurring costs while a $12 Amiibo is not.

Edit - Nintendo rep says "Total sales", meaning Amiibos sales are very like not US only. Just in case you were wondering.

Do you get that Amiibo was released in December in Europe and Japan, also it was a limited number of pieces. And it did not have even support for 3DS yet. But I will keep it just as prediction for now.

P.S: If it's total figures globally, so it's 5 million amiibos. Which would be $360M, and amiibo does not need maintenance at all, which means if it keeps it pace, will really outdo at least PS+ and Live individually.

NNID: MagicalLight

FC: 4124 - 5888 - 4804

A possibility with the XB1 re-pricecut. Is that it will last as long as the stores have excess stock. They too probably thought of decent momentum after the price came back up. But it could have been dire, and Microsoft does not want any shipped back, or to stop production.