By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - December 2014 NPD Thread! XBO, PS4, Wii U up! Many software up!

Well, i have predict 1.3 million for XOne this NPD.
Lose by 7-10k (lol).

PS4 obvius amazing sales, but i have expect more... MUCH MORE.

Wii U almost 600,000 did good in my opinion.

And... where are Vita and 3DS number?

Around the Network
Burek said:
walsufnir said:
kowenicki said:
Nice number across the board really.

...and an almost 1/4 million lead over the PS4 for the ONE is very decent indeed.

Almost 250k? I think after all the negative press the console had since launch (justified or not) it is very surprising that they managed to gain momentum at the end of the year.

Shouldn't be that surprising. Bad press happened 18 months ago, lately XBox has been mostly praised.

Also, at the beginning, the price tag could not be justified, as many potential consumers didn't see that much value in Kinect. But starting this holiday season, with a price drop and blockbuster games bundled, customers took advantage of a much better value proposition.

Entry price has been reduced by 30%, but the value of the product has increased much much more than just 30%.

Yes, it certainly has. But let's be real, not every product with good value is successful on market.

Anyway, I am glad that they could improve from where they have started while they had to put a lot of effort in it.

So VGC wasn't that off in december? Well, I hope this puts an end to the crappy talk that happened last year, calling out for ioi to fix his numbers. It was emberassing to see how users behaved.

walsufnir said:
So VGC wasn't that off in december? Well, I hope this puts an end to the crappy talk that happened last year, calling out for ioi to fix his numbers. It was emberassing to see how users behaved.

You're hoping for the impossible

According to NPD LTD's we have PS4 overtracked 100k, WiiU 100k, 3DS 400k and XB1 70k. Vita around 200k+ undertracked.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
walsufnir said:
kowenicki said:
Nice number across the board really.

...and an almost 1/4 million lead over the PS4 for the ONE is very decent indeed.

Almost 250k? I think after all the negative press the console had since launch (justified or not) it is very surprising that they managed to gain momentum at the end of the year.

225k is almost 1/4m in my book...

and I agree, they have done a great job turning it around in the US.

1.268-1.090 = 178k 

not 250k or 225k closer to 175k which is still nice

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

please, 3DS number's????????

Ryng_Tolu said:
please, 3DS number's????????

810k, down 290k YOY

Seece said:

According to NPD LTD's we have PS4 overtracked 100k, WiiU 100k, 3DS 400k and XB1 70k. Vita around 200k+ undertracked.

VGC did pretty well this month after the adjustments. Also, at least the Vita goes somewhat good news.

Seece said:
3DS down yoy, in line with recent drops YOY.

1,100,000 last year, so, how much have sold this December?