By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - POTENTIAL MEGATON: Xenoblade Chronicles X to run at 60fps?!?!

Panama said:
TiagoCosta said:
The only thing XCX is missing are good character models, mainly faces.

Everything else looks amazing, but those faces.

They wouldn't look out of place on the PS2. They are really damn ugly.

Not this again. PS2 could never dream of rendering the textures and shaders on XCX's models.

Around the Network
sc94597 said:

Yet you cannot tell the difference between a static measurement and a data set? In physics we do measurements of say a centimeter with uncertainties of a milimeter (10% of a centimeter) all the time and we get final uncertainties of less than 2.5 which is good standing after using methods like chi-squared. Also you are doing the same thing here. Your 20-25 sqmi estimate shows your uncertainty of 10%. And the eyrth sea is obviously not the size of all the other zones put together, especially since he is measuring at least part of the eyrth sea in his estimate. You implied that he was missing data and said that he isn't measuring all of the eyrth sea, yet you estimate a size at least 10  more than his. 

There are dozens of threads on the internet that calculate the right size of games like Skyrim and XB.

I'm merely saying 20-25 because the correct answer lies somewhere in between but I forgot the exact number. I'm not going to do your google work. You haven't played the game obviously. Play it and judge it then.

Samus Aran said:
sc94597 said:

Yet you cannot tell the difference between a static measurement and a data set? In physics we do measurements of say a centimeter with uncertainties of a milimeter (10% of a centimeter) all the time and we get final uncertainties of less than 2.5 which is good standing after using methods like chi-squared. Also you are doing the same thing here. Your 20-25 sqmi estimate shows your uncertainty of 10%. And the eyrth sea is obviously not the size of all the other zones put together, especially since he is measuring at least part of the eyrth sea in his estimate. You implied that he was missing data and said that he isn't measuring all of the eyrth sea, yet you estimate a size at least 10  more than his. 

There are dozens of threads on the internet that calculate the right size of games like Skyrim and XB.

I'm merely saying 20-25 because the correct answer lies somewhere in between but I forgot the exact number. I'm not going to do your google work. You haven't played the game obviously.

I'm pointing an inconsistency here. You are saying an estimate of a measurement must be within .5% of the actual result, yet you claim that you have no knowledge of 20% of your estimate. Furthermore, the burden of proof is on you since you made the claim. Not me.

Spoilers

And yea I have played the game. My favorite charcter is Melia, she is a mage, her attacks deal with timed buffs and are elemtal based on ice, earth, fire,  and electricity. A certain companion dies at the start of a game and returns as a faced mechon. Another big character betrays the group and works for the enemy, who created the world along with another character.

For the record.

No, XCX will not be 60fps.

Yes, there are PS3/360 games with better character models.

No, XCX could not be done on PS3/360.

Materia-Blade said:
DerNebel said:

It's so hilarious how you're actually trying to convince people that XCX character models are in any way impressive for a game coming out in 2015, there are more than a few PS3 and 360 games that have way better character models, characters just weren't Monolith's priority so stop making a fool out of yourself.

could you give examples of these "ps360 games with way better char models"?

Other than the ones already given? Red Dead Redemption, Resident Evil 5-6, the newer AC games, TLOU of course, Beyond 2 Souls, Final Fantasy 13, MGS 4 etc.

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
Samus Aran said:
sc94597 said:

I'm merely saying 20-25 because the correct answer lies somewhere in between but I forgot the exact number. I'm not going to do your google work. You haven't played the game obviously.

I'm pointing an inconsistency here. You are saying an estimate of a measurement must be within .5% of the actual result, yet you claim that you have no knowledge of 20% of your estimate. Furthermore, the burden of proof is on you since you made the claim. Not me.

Spoilers

And yea I have played the game. My favorite charcter is Melia, she is a mage, her attacks deal with timed buffs and are elemtal based on ice, earth, fire,  and electricity. A certain companion dies at the start of a game and returns as a faced mechon. Another big character betrays the group and works for the enemy, who created the world along with another character.

Me putting little effort in my post (which is true) doesn't =mean the source based it on did the same. ;)

I have a bare:ly wor;king ;keyboaqrùd aqs you c/aqn see.K (keys create extra letters which I manually deleted up until this point)

Samus Aran said:
sc94597 said:
Samus Aran said:
sc94597 said:

Spoilers

Me putting little effort in my post (which is true) doesn't =mean the source based it on did the same. ;)

I have a bare:ly wor;king ;keyboaqrùd aqs you c/aqn see.K

Sure, that is why I asked for your supposed source.

And I am typing on a phone.

DerNebel said:
Materia-Blade said:

the gta image was a bullshot. this one isn't the best screenshot ever, but it has actual ingame graphics:

Seems pretty bellow XCX. makes it doubtable if xeno x will run at 60 fps with those graphics.

It's so hilarious how you're actually trying to convince people that XCX character models are in any way impressive for a game coming out in 2015, there are more than a few PS3 and 360 games that have way better character models, characters just weren't Monolith's priority so stop making a fool out of yourself.

You know it's getting a bit heated when people start getting personal.

Note that the only reason i'm intervening is because you're due for a 20-day ban for flaming and i didn't feel like this comment was up to it. So watch yourself.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
DerNebel said:
Materia-Blade said:

the gta image was a bullshot. this one isn't the best screenshot ever, but it has actual ingame graphics:

Seems pretty bellow XCX. makes it doubtable if xeno x will run at 60 fps with those graphics.

You know it's getting a bit heated when people start getting personal.

Note that the only reason i'm intervening is because you're due for a 20-day ban for flaming and i didn't feel like this comment was up to it. So watch yourself.

Sure. it's late here anyway.

sc94597 said:

Sure, that is why I asked for your supposed source.

And I am typing on a phone.

I'll see if I can find it when I'm not as tired and post it in the thread.

Trust =me,j aq phone wou:lùd be vfaqster to type thaqn this ;keyboaqrùd.K :lùd