By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii games now available on Wii U according to direct? Get hypoed!!!! Winter Drought has ended baby! Everything is in Jan-Feb! Tingle!!!!!!!!!

Will Tingle be the best DLC Hyrule Warriors has to offer?

Hell Yes Ryguy you Bitch! 23 27.06%

Nah dog ( Watch what you call me^^^ !!) 4 4.71%

No 11 12.94%

Just Yes 4 4.71%

See results 18 21.18%

Yes 2 2.35%

Better than kissing Reggi... 13 15.29%

Other post below 1 1.18%

Maybe, depends on what his powers are 5 5.88%

I am number 10 :3 :3 :3 4 4.71%

Total:85

I bought the Prime Trilogy last Christmas and have yet to touch it, but at $10, I may not be able to say no to that offer.

Around the Network

It's funny with all the backlash Nintendo is getting for this Direct. People expecting E3 bombs in January after the holiday craze and everyone getting back on track with bills.

Let's see more X footage that looked amazing, May release date for Splatoon with more info(will be GOTY) and new game bandai namco is working on. Then the whole Wii downloadable games was the sickest annoucement being able to download Wii games is great. The first 3 should draw extra money(Punch Out for me)for more VC games to be released ( release The Goonies II already damn it!

Also since the new 3DS is releasing next month so of course most of the direct will be about that.

Expect a Direct in February after the new 3DS is released, concentrating on the WiiU

super_etecoon said:
For anyone claiming this isn't a big deal because the WiiU is backwards compatible:

These games will be on your WiiU...as in, if you get the urge to play smg2 or Metroid prime trilogy, you don't have to get up to change the disk. This is huge. I've been working on the trilogy on hard these last few months, but I lose focus when I take the game out. It hasn't been back in for the past few weeks.

At $20...and an introductory offer of $10, you just can't beat it. This may be the news I needed to finally get me to break down and buy a hard drive. Anyone know a great deal on one right now?

I think the biggest thing is the rarity of some of the games (and possible games). Prime Trilogy isn't a 20 dollar purchase at the moment.  Not even close.

Seems like Zelda and Starfox are going to be saved for E3.

Rogerioandrade said:
spemanig said:
Skidmore said:
Half the price, he means $25?

They damn sure better not be $50 at full price a generation later.

$ 9,00 each in the first week. $18 each after first week

$10 is a complete steal! Quite nice.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:

http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/01-14-2015/

also you can use the gamepade fools!!

Galaxy 2

Punch out

Metroid trilogy first games to happen!!!

This wasn't already happening?

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

Greenbeans said:
They better release Xenoblade.

What I'm curious about. The file size of the games. Say I want to buy Metroid Prime Trilogy. Around what would the size be? I have a 32gig Wii U.

I have it on disc for my Wii, and the whole game comes in a single, double-layered DVD, so it weights more than 4.7 GB, but less than 8.5. The first two games were on gamecube though so they can't weight more than 1.5GB each. It might be 5 or 6 GB altogether but it's just a wild guess.

Edit: I googled a bit, turns out the game wights around 7.6 GB. At least that's what a random pirate said the game's size was when attempting to download it (ilegally of course :P)

And Wii U owners complain all PS4/X1 gamers get are Remasters. Wii U doesn't even get any of its own besides Wind Waker. Yet they're still ecstatic about it

outlawauron said:
spemanig said:
Skidmore said:
Half the price, he means $25?

They damn sure better not be $50 at full price a generation later.

Even asking $20 is pretty steep. 

try finding physical versions of any of the first three titles for less than $40 (in the case of mp trilogy and punch out, less than $80!)... i think this is meant to make supply-constrained titles, or out of print titles, available forever. xenoblade is perfect for this, in other words. i very much expect it as an appetizer to xcx's main course.

And Wii U owners complain all PS4/X1 gamers get are Remasters. Wii U doesn't even get any of its own besides Wind Waker. Yet they're still ecstatic about it