By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Besides color, How are African Americans and Whites of European decent Different?

Adinnieken said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I will look up some of that stuff when I come back. ;)

As for the advancement of society happend around a range of 4000 years starting in Asia (and the lack of belief in evolution). The most powerful religions which still have a hold on us today are in Asia. Before that was the hold of evolution took millions of years and  thousands (for humans) of years to take hold. Those were prehistoric times though. It's just like the Native Americans, which some say after the great migration from Sibera, going through mixture and evolution before following the wooly mammoth through the bering straight (ice bridge connecitng Russia and Alaska) and thats how they reached America. 

What we know as humans (ourselves) or homosapien sapien, have only had an evolution of technology. The evolution of ideas, science, culture, laws (moral code), religion, technology and, etc are the reason why we are where we are today, but people today could've just as easily existed 4000 years ago since there was no evolutionary change since we became what we are currently.

This is absolutely factually wrong.

Evolution is on-going, though diminishing with modern man because we are less isolated societies today.

Every modern race of man is an example of evolution.  We all evolved from a similar (essentially the same) DNA out of Africa, which evolved as groups migrated and became isolated in communities.  Those small groups developed unique genetic material creating our divergent races. 

I agree that we're still evolving, but we have not seen many changes since becoming homo sapien sapien outside of neanderthal mixture and environmental adaptation. Since we had become accustomed to said climate, how much of a change have you seen? It takes thousands of years of evolutionary change to see results. This is one of the main reasons why I said there has not really been a change. I doubt highly from what i've learned that there was a difference between us 4000 years ago and today when civilization was first coming into written existence.

Human beings aren't races, as you well described  by stating our DNA changed as we became isolated and gained unique genetic material (also attributed to environment) we became different phenotypes. 

There is no 100% fact, just what we're finding out and there will be more findings in the future. Science accepts its flaws.  We are constantly learning from one another. If we didnt have one another, we wouldn't be where we are today. Intercultural exchange. 

Around the Network
Kane1389 said:
Aerys said:
Sport, black are just better in sports based on speed, or basketball, biological

Penis size is a myth, we should kill it, poor black guys who cant make live thé myth and so disappoint the simple girl who think black =big

How many black swimmers do you know?

Lol, I dunno how serious you are or if you're just trying to be funny, but there's a reason behind this. It's socioeconomic. I don't think it's inaccurate to say that for the most part, black people have a lower socioeconomic status in the USA. Swimming has a high start up cost. Black people normally live in poorer areas that don't have pools, private clubs cost money, lessons cost money, etc. You don't see black swimmers for the same reason you don't see many black golfers or tennis players.

It's easy (and cheap) to go to Walmart and get a football and toss it around with friends, or get a basketball and go to the basketball court (which are on every corner). But how easy is it to A. get a set of golf clubs B. get into a country club or something or C. get golf lessons? Swimming could be as simple as getting swim trunks, but, perpetually, it's something the black community doesn't learn. Not due to inability, but because they never learned it in the first place and getting started is not something most black people can just leisurely do. Poor black folks don't have $150 to toss at a swim coach at the local pool or $250 for membership to a private club + lessons.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Kane1389 said:

How many black swimmers do you know?

Cullen Jones was a gold and silver medalist in the olympics in London. Its a cultural thing, not a black or white thing. 

I think it's a socioeconomic thing, not necessarily cultural (unless being poor is a culture =/)

See above post

BMaker11 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Cullen Jones was a gold and silver medalist in the olympics in London. Its a cultural thing, not a black or white thing. 

I think it's a socioeconomic thing, not necessarily cultural (unless being poor is a culture =/)

See above post

Socioeconomics plays a role in what becomes cultural to some people. What becomes cultural is only really social lifestyle, custom, habit that is accepted by a group and is passed on through the generations. It is what becomes cultural diversity and makes one group with a set of customs in one town seperate from another even though they might be genotypes.

KingCherry said:
So if there's no such thing as race, and we're all the same, can we all bury white guilt and stop all this affirmative action codswallop?

Blacks are better athletes, yeh! Black are better dancers, yeh! Whites are more intelligent, what? RACIST!

All your posts seem pretty pissed off at blacks in general. Agression? More intelligent? Bullshit! You think blacks are more aggressive? It has nothing to do with race. It’s just that when you see an aggressive black person you equate his/her aggression to his/her race. I’m betting you don’t see an angry white man and say, “Damn angry white guy!”. More intelligent?So you’re telling me that you’re smarter than say, Neil DegrasseTyson? Ben Carson? Cornell West? After all, they’re all black and (I’m assuming) you’re white. Clown, that has nothing to do with race. Intelligence can be attained by almost anyone. In countries where knowledge is more sought after (Japan, India, etc.) there are more intelligent common people than in the U.S. Oh, and as far as Affirmative Action goes, I’d like to see it end as well. It’s a shame that there was ever a need for it in the first place. But do know that it has benefitted white women more than any other types of people. There are stats that support that. Feel free to look it up and attach it to some sort of conspiracy that doesn’t fit your agenda.

Speaking of stats. I know that statistically blacks do commit more crime. However, in every country around the world the poorer more impoverished people commit more crime. I’m sure Russia has 0 crime since they have so few blacks amirite? It’s just that a black criminal is seen as a black criminal. A white criminal is just a criminal. It’s like how white men commit the most spousal abuse and spousal murder, but you never hear of a white father telling his daughter to stay away from white men. You can always read the comments on a story about a black criminal and how nearly every single one is about his race. Yet when Columbine, Sandy Hook, Oklahoma City, The “Batman” theatre shooting, etc. happened. There are no comments about the assailant’s race. 

Finally though, I’m not racist. I’m a (left-leaning, but NOT liberal) black man and my wife is white and as right-wing conservative as you can get. In fact her entire family is. I had a conversation with my Sister In Law in which she stated that 95% of blacks are like the people who create the stereotype. 95%!!! See, that’s the narrative. Because whenever a black person commits an offense that offense speaks for all blacks. Whites are lucky to not have to deal with such a thing. But yeah, call us more aggressive, more attached to welfare (even though white recipients outnumber blacks 3/1), etc. But never, EEVVVEEERRRR, claim that whites are more intelligent. After all, you’ve pretty much disproven that theory.

Good day sir!

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

Around the Network
FentonCrackshell said:
KingCherry said:
So if there's no such thing as race, and we're all the same, can we all bury white guilt and stop all this affirmative action codswallop?

Blacks are better athletes, yeh! Black are better dancers, yeh! Whites are more intelligent, what? RACIST!

All your posts seem pretty pissed off at blacks in general. Agression? More intelligent? Bullshit! You think blacks are more aggressive? It has nothing to do with race. It’s just that when you see an aggressive black person you equate his/her aggression to his/her race. I’m betting you don’t see an angry white man and say, “Damn angry white guy!”. More intelligent?So you’re telling me that you’re smarter than say, Neil DegrasseTyson? Ben Carson? Cornell West? After all, they’re all black and (I’m assuming) you’re white. Clown, that has nothing to do with race. Intelligence can be attained by almost anyone. In countries where knowledge is more sought after (Japan, India, etc.) there are more intelligent common people than in the U.S. Oh, and as far as Affirmative Action goes, I’d like to see it end as well. It’s a shame that there was ever a need for it in the first place. But do know that it has benefitted white women more than any other types of people. There are stats that support that. Feel free to look it up and attach it to some sort of conspiracy that doesn’t fit your agenda.

Speaking of stats. I know that statistically blacks do commit more crime. However, in every country around the world the poorer more impoverished people commit more crime. I’m sure Russia has 0 crime since they have so few blacks amirite? It’s just that a black criminal is seen as a black criminal. A white criminal is just a criminal. It’s like how white men commit the most spousal abuse and spousal murder, but you never hear of a white father telling his daughter to stay away from white men. You can always read the comments on a story about a black criminal and how nearly every single one is about his race. Yet when Columbine, Sandy Hook, Oklahoma City, The “Batman” theatre shooting, etc. happened. There are no comments about the assailant’s race

Finally though, I’m not racist. I’m a (left-leaning, but NOT liberal) black man and my wife is white and as right-wing conservative as you can get. In fact her entire family is. I had a conversation with my Sister In Law in which she stated that 95% of blacks are like the people who create the stereotype. 95%!!! See, that’s the narrative. Because whenever a black person commits an offense that offense speaks for all blacks. Whites are lucky to not have to deal with such a thing. But yeah, call us more aggressive, more attached to welfare (even though white recipients outnumber blacks 3/1), etc. But never, EEVVVEEERRRR, claim that whites are more intelligent. After all, you’ve pretty much disproven that theory.

Good day sir!

Nah, no comments on race. But they will say that they're a "troubled kid" who "normally did nothing wrong", and we'll later find out that they had "mental problems". Never blame the criminal in these cases. But when we talk about, say, Trayvon Martin, he was a "drug using thug" (he had traces of weed in his system) who was "always getting into trouble" (he got suspended from school once. You serious?) and he "brought it on himself" because he supposedly *gasp* attacked a guy who was following/stalking him, first, even though 911 told the guy not to follow him. Completely blame the VICTIM in these types of cases. Media portrayals will have you believe that when black people commit crimes, it's their fault, they're the bad people. When white people commit crimes, it's deeper than the crime itself, and we have to have a "conversation" about mental health, guns, or whatever else. It's never as simple as "this guy is a terrible person and should be locked away for the rest of his life".

From my picture and name, you can see that I went to Purdue. You don't know how infuriating it was for me to see Cody Cousins have the possibility of having a trial with the "mental health" defense going for him. He straight up went into a classroom, shot a kid, and then stabbed him multiple times. If you have mental health problems, do you really target one specific person like that? Does that sound like a crazy person to you? Sounds premeditated. But if a black guy did this, he he'd a "crazed thug" and it'd somehow be related to "gang activity" (trust me, the police or media or somebody would pull that out of their ass somehow).

People don't want to acknowledge that "black culture" is just as diverse as "white culture". No, they think we're pretty homogenous, and that's why when 1 person commits a crime, he speaks for the whole race. Whereas if a hippie commits a murder because a company is cutting down trees, that says nothing about somebody from surburbia or Wall Street, because they're clearly two different types of people. Nobody gives black people that benefit

d21lewis said:
RCTjunkie said:
d21lewis said:
Anything we post is going to be a stereotype. I'm black. My GF is white. People say I "act white" . There is no standard.

I heard that phrase is actually pretty offensive, and I can see why. Do you find it offensive/irritating when people say that?

Nah.  I'm just me all the time.  I wonder what people want me to do?  Sometimes, people make it seem like speaking articulately, paying bills when they're due, and wearing a sweater over my shoulders whith the sleeves tied around my kneck (just kidding!) is something to be ashamed of.  I am who I am and I'm happy.  I'd rather "act white" than live the alternative.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still badass!

i hate that phrase for those exact reasons,.. black is a race not a culture and no one should be telling you there is a correct way to live your life just because you have one specific color of skin.  freedom bitches, freedom.

on topic

white men can't jump.  i'm lead to believe black men are capabile of such a feat.

kitler53 said:
d21lewis said:
RCTjunkie said:
d21lewis said:
Anything we post is going to be a stereotype. I'm black. My GF is white. People say I "act white" . There is no standard.

I heard that phrase is actually pretty offensive, and I can see why. Do you find it offensive/irritating when people say that?

Nah.  I'm just me all the time.  I wonder what people want me to do?  Sometimes, people make it seem like speaking articulately, paying bills when they're due, and wearing a sweater over my shoulders whith the sleeves tied around my kneck (just kidding!) is something to be ashamed of.  I am who I am and I'm happy.  I'd rather "act white" than live the alternative.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still badass!

i hate that phrase for those exact reasons,.. black is a race not a culture and no one should be telling you there is a correct way to live your life just because you have one specific color of skin.  freedom bitches, freedom.

on topic

white men can't jump.  i'm lead to believe black men are capabile of such a feat.

And it equates "white" to the "standard". You speak a language how it's supposed to be spoken, you take care of your responsibilities, you wear clothes that fit you, and that's "acting white". I thought it was called "being normal". d21lewis may not find anything wrong with it, but I at least find it irritating.

"Acting white" tries to cheapen me, as a person, because my "blackhood", I guess, was supposed to be an "inhibitor", but because I'm college educated, have a decent job, pay my bills, and don't butcher the English language, that's not a "black thing". In that sense, "acting white" is actually a racist term, because it means that you're implying black people are incapable of doing the above things (as well as making behaving like a normal human being a "white thing"). So if you do do them, you're "trying to be white"...because apparently black people don't "try" to be regular, upstanding people.

Sorry, my last couple of posts have been more race issues type things and not addressing the OP, but I've seen a couple posts that got my jimmies rustled and I wanted to say something about it.

Damn double post.

I knew that you did this topic. I knew it.

There is no fate but what we make......