By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - All 500GB PS4 console to now come with a copy of The last of Us for $399.99

I was just about to post this. Does this mean every single PS4 sold will come with a copy of TLOU? If so that's a brilliant move by Sony, especially now the XB1 is back to its normal price ... If not, forget what I just said.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:

I think it's only for the US (posted on the US PlayStation blog), which is brilliant, because that's the only place Sony seems to have fierce sales competition, at the moment. 

It comes as standard with every 500gb PS4 sold? And why have they specified 500gb bundle? Every PS4 comes with 500gb, so I'd suggest this is perhaps a hint at a 1tb version in the near future.

The PS5 Exists. 

CGI-Quality said:

Indeed. I'd say by E3, we'll see news on a $399 1TB version with a game packed in. Otherwise, by Gamescom, a slim, 1TB, PS4 for $299 standalone. :P

Perhaps this is Sony strategy for 4th quarter? Release a 500gb version with a game packed in (value added), sell all of the old stock and then introduce a 1tb version (value added) WITHOUT a game nearer Christmas for the same price. Then make 1tb the only version available and start adding extra games into the  bundles like they did this Christmas. It seems a pretty fluid way of maintaining a price while still offering more value overall.

The PS5 Exists. 

He said all 500GB ps4 and not all ps4 that mean we will have ps4 with bigger harddrive

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

small44 said:
He said all 500GB ps4 and not all ps4 that mean we will have ps4 with bigger harddrive

Yep, the fact he specifies it in that way more or less confirms a 1tb version is coming.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

look at my sig

Imagine all the TLoU sales :O

But I agree with other posters, I think a 1TB version is coming for $400 or $450

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

This doesn't cost Sony anything but it increases the value of the console a bit, so it's a great move

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Ninsect said:

Imagine all the TLoU sales :O

But I agree with other posters, I think a 1TB version is coming for $400 or $450

I think it will be the same price is the standalone at the moment. That extra value of ONE games is enough to offset the extra cost of a 1tb HDD.

The PS5 Exists. 

It's digital only :(

It's worthless.