By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - All 500GB PS4 console to now come with a copy of The last of Us for $399.99

GribbleGrunger said:

Do we know what game are 'likely' coming for the PS4 during the holiday season? I know there's possibly Uncharted 4 but I don't really know of any others. No Man's Sky? Media Molicule's game?

Other than Uncharted, there really are no hints about other holiday games. Based on some press coverage, my guess would be Rime sometime in September, and UC4 late October/mid November.

My guess is that Sony will not give UC4 release date before Activision gives CoD's (which should be November 3, per tradition). So Uncharted either gets released on October 20/27, or November 10 (head to head with Halo 5 - also a guess).

But other than those, no true AAA exclusives come to mind. Maybe Gran Turismo?

Around the Network
Burek said:

Other than Uncharted, there really are no hints about other holiday games. Based on some press coverage, my guess would be Rime sometime in September, and UC4 late October/mid November.

My guess is that Sony will not give UC4 release date before Activision gives CoD's (which should be November 3, per tradition). So Uncharted either gets released on October 20/27, or November 10 (head to head with Halo 5 - also a guess).

But other than those, no true AAA exclusives come to mind. Maybe Gran Turismo?

That's a good point. Sony will want to position it in such a way that it doesn't get stymied by a huge selling but WILL help sway buyers away from a popular XB1 game. Once we have the dates of those two titles you mention, THEN we'll get a date. Agreed.

The PS5 Exists. 

Sony wants to reclaim the NA market. I just wonder why it was easier for X1 to rebound faster here than PS3 did

Cool, now where is my Last of Us 2 Bundle?

heyjew said:
Dgc1808 said:

I would think you'd want random teen x to have no problem just walking into a store and buying the console on their own. This means that they must bring a parent. 

First of all, no random teen is going to buy a $400  PS4 on their own. Even if a random teen goes and buys one, there's probably a screen after you input the code saying that you confirm that you are 17 years of age or older or that your parents approve of you downloading and playing this game. 

Yes, they would. I walked into a store and put down 535 USD for my PS3 at 15 or 16 and carried it out to my cousins car that was waiting in the parking lot. I've met tons of other teens that have had no problem just buying their own console by saving up or summer jobs.

Burek said:
Dgc1808 said:

I would think you'd want random teen x to have no problem just walking into a store and buying the console on their own. This means that they must bring a parent. 

They can still walk in and buy it. The M rating is not a law, it's a recommendation. Not like it's tobacco or alcohol... Anybody can buy a console without restrictions, it is up to parents of those teens to monitor their purchase if they care about it (just like they should monitor any purchases made by children anyway, regardless of content).

I don't know about the law, but people have lost their jobs for selling M-Rated games to minors. You can look some incidents up. I've also been turned down at the cashier because I didn't have appropriate ID at the time. I was old enough and the cashier believed me but he wouldn't take the risk, stating clearly that he would be risking his job doing so. I had to head home and return to the store to get the game. 

4 ≈ One