By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best original DS graphics

Tagged games:

SpokenTruth said:
badgenome said:
C.O.P. The Recruit

Was waiting for someone to say this while I was reading the thread.

Very impressive for DS.

I just heard about this game! It looks amazing, how is that possible on the DS? How is this not getting the Moon Chronicles treatment on the 3DS? Nintendo should have a DS eshop for the 3DS or the WiiU, so many wonderfull games unknown to the public.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

castlevania: order of ecclesia

the world ends with you

mario and luigi: bowser's inside story

Mario 64 DS and Pokémon Black and White.

MikeRox said:
Mario Kart DS was a technical belter for the DS. 60fps with online play and didn't look too far off Double Dash. Stunning achievement.

not that it wasn't pretty, but mk ds WAS far off from double dash.

Materia-Blade said:
MikeRox said:
Mario Kart DS was a technical belter for the DS. 60fps with online play and didn't look too far off Double Dash. Stunning achievement.

I'm basing it on how the Baby Park course looked. I know technically it was eons behind, but somehow they really managed to mask the DS technical limitations a treat with the game. Everything was smaller, used less polys etc. It was just, clever. A bit like how they managed to make Mario Kart 7 look decent and run at 60fps on 3DS despite the limitations of the hardware.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network
MikeRox said:
Materia-Blade said:
MikeRox said:

I'm basing it on how the Baby Park course looked. I know technically it was eons behind, but somehow they really managed to mask the DS technical limitations a treat with the game. Everything was smaller, used less polys etc. It was just, clever. A bit like how they managed to make Mario Kart 7 look decent and run at 60fps on 3DS despite the limitations of the hardware.

smaller screen makes it easier to achieve the same pixel per inch as a television, even on a lower resolution.

Nice to see some love for COP: The Recruit. Hell of a technical achievement given the hardware.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xo6J1oXrx9g

I like Final Fantasy III & IV. Their opening sequences blew me away. Of course their gameplay didn't look like that, but they look good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMOUJcPfU6w

llyod85 said:
I like Final Fantasy III & IV. Their opening sequences blew me away. Of course their gameplay didn't look like that, but they look good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMOUJcPfU6w

That's because the opening sequences are CGI.