By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How to get a PS / XB (simple guide)

Pretty much what I did.

Around the Network
Skidmore said:

Life taught me to get Microsoft/Sony console first, because their games price rarely drops. And after that get a Nintendo Console, and buy their games for $10.

Oh, wait...

P.S: It's kinda funny that the most successful and popular topics in VGZ are the trolling, bashing and flaming ones

Life taught me to only get every other Sony/MS console because they are backwards compatible.

Oh, wait....

;P

Angelv577 said:
Skidmore said:

Life taught me to get Microsoft/Sony console first, because their games price rarely drops. And after that get a Nintendo Console, and buy their games for $10.

Oh, wait...

P.S: It's kinda funny that the most successful and popular topics in VGZ are the trolling, bashing and flaming ones

Life has also taught me to buy Microsoft/Sony console first, buy few games at full price while other games dropped.  And after that get  a nintendo console when it's super cheap, buy that time you can find first party games at half the price.

I did this with the Wii, bought for it for $70 with mario galaxy(20), twilinght pricess($20), resident evil zero ($20)

Valid point :)

This generation there was no other way around for me. They were asking for full price for a PS4 for game, while I could pick up the same game at PS3 20 bucks less. 

Start this gen at Wii U was the best plan for me, I got the Mario Kart bundle, with all the others First-Party and exclusives. Now I bought the Xbox One, mainly because of the low price at Brazil and Scalebound.

P.S: And actually I can bought Ryse, Forza, TitanFall, Killer Instict for such a low price. The games surely drops price way more fast than Wii U games.

These cross-gen titles are a really deal breaker for me to buying these consoles first.

NNID: MagicalLight

FC: 4124 - 5888 - 4804

Anfebious said:
You forgot about Fire Emblem, Star Fox, F-Zero and the rest of the Nintendo franchises. They are all pretty much copy/paste games.

Don't forget the upcoming Splatoon. It's pretty much a copy of other games that shoot. Sure, the graphics are colourful unlike most other shooters but that excuse didn't save Wind Waker from being more of the same now, did it?

Angelv577 said:
Skidmore said:

Oh, wait...

Life has also taught me to buy Microsoft/Sony console first, buy few games at full price while other games dropped.  And after that get  a nintendo console when it's super cheap, buy that time you can find first party games at half the price.

I did this with the Wii, bought for it for $70 with mario galaxy(20), twilinght pricess($20), resident evil zero ($20)

Exactly what I did last gen, and forsee the same for this. (Unless MS pulls some truly magnificent exclusives out their collective ass, then XB1 may be my secondary for 8th gen.)

Around the Network
Anfebious said:
You forgot about Fire Emblem, Star Fox, F-Zero and the rest of the Nintendo franchises. They are all pretty much copy/paste games.

How could I possibly forget them!

*Sound Of Rain said:
Anfebious said:

How could I possibly forget them!

I don't get it, almost everything in the industry is a copy/paste, last gent just Wii Sports and Minecraft were innovatives.

TLOU Uncharted meets Resident Evil was not innovative, it was just pinnacle of gaming.

NNID: MagicalLight

FC: 4124 - 5888 - 4804

Skidmore said:

I don't get it, almost everything in the industry is a copy/paste, last gent just Wii Sports and Minecraft were innovatives.

TLOU Uncharted meets Resident Evil was not innovative, it was just pinnacle of gaming.

Poor Skidmore

Ninsect said:
Angelv577 said:
Skidmore said:

Oh, wait...

Yes and it has the added benefit of all the games already being out. No months where absolutely zero games come out.

Exactly, so it can go either way.

P.D  damn I didn't realize how many mistake I made in my last post, I mean English isn't my first language but I'm better than that, typing too fast hurt as well, need to do more double checking.

Skidmore said:
Angelv577 said:
Skidmore said:

Oh, wait...

Valid point :)

This generation there was no other way around for me. They were asking for full price for a PS4 for game, while I could pick up the same game at PS3 20 bucks less. 

Start this gen at Wii U was the best plan for me, I got the Mario Kart bundle, with all the others First-Party and exclusives. Now I bought the Xbox One, mainly because of the low price at Brazil and Scalebound.

P.S: And actually I can bought Ryse, Forza, TitanFall, Killer Instict for such a low price. The games surely drops price way more fast than Wii U games.

These cross-gen titles are a really deal breaker for me to buying these consoles first.

I understand, my whole point was that it can go either way depending of the user needs.  Choices!!!