By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - You're Not Even Safe When P.T. Is Paused on PS4

Legendary_W said:
That shouldn't be a feature. Sure it was fun at all this time but what if you pause and need to leave for five minutes because someone needs your help or something of the sort? Like RCTJunkie said, players shouldn't be punished for pausing because it may be more of a necessity than a desire.

It's a teaser, and it only happened when she was there in close proximity and able to harm the player.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

Around the Network
Skullwaker said:
That's both hilarious and terrifying. I'd definitely argue that this is possibly the best survival horror experience since Eternal Darkness.

Eternal Darkness is a psychological horror game (same goes for the SH series as a whole) not survival.

Also, do people actually find ED scary? As far as psychological horror goes stuff like Amnesia blows it away.

Calling PT the greatest survival horror game in over a decade is hilariously ridiculous. I find it hard to even call it a good game. Sure, it was a fantastic teaser, but thats about as far as I'm willing to go on that.

Legendary_W said:
That shouldn't be a feature. Sure it was fun at all this time but what if you pause and need to leave for five minutes because someone needs your help or something of the sort? Like RCTJunkie said, players shouldn't be punished for pausing because it may be more of a necessity than a desire.

i didn't try but pause and exit the app should be fine...

LMAO

Around the Network

Guess the PS button should bypass this game "mechanic".

RCTjunkie said:
I hope that isn't the default. I pause games frequency for restroom, food breaks, or just to do some chores, and I don't want a game punishing me for that

ya tell me about it one of the most annoying parts of Demon's Souls especially when if you get killed while on the John you go back 20 minutes to the start of the level with their retarded checkpoint system (or lackthereof)

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

BraveNewWorld said:
What a terrible game mechanic. Better hope you don't have to answer the door, answer the phone, use the bathroom, let your dog out, etc. or your run is fucked.

Dying is not very punishing in PT. You leave the door and continue where you left off.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Actually genius.

RCTjunkie said:
I hope that isn't the default. I pause games frequency for restroom, food breaks, or just to do some chores, and I don't want a game punishing me for that

Never buy the Souls games.