By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales Week 1, 2015 (Dec 29 - Jan 4th)

I forgot that they don't tracking digital sales,well there isn't any way to do it though,so mk8 must haVE reached 1m in Japan!WOW!

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
3DS already down 15% from last year. The decline continues.

Depends on which tracker u use, if u average them out it's 182k vs 176k in 2014's favor which would be down like 3% YoY.

For comparison, Vita is down about 30% YoY when taking the average of both trackers, so not nearly as bad as ur making it out to be.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

DerNebel said:
Well that's not a massive tracking difference for the Wii U and 3DS at all....

One of these days somebody has to explain to me why PS sales always go up on new years while Nintendo numbers go down.

While others have explained, it's called otoshidama. It's a money giving to older children or family members. These people are more likely to buy Sony consoles with that money. 

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

tak13 said:

I forgot that they don't tracking digital sales,well there isn't any way to do it though,so mk8 must haVE reached 1m in Japan!WOW!

Very little chance. What little digital sales we do know for Japan, most games have less than 10% digital to retail ratio. There are very few exceptions.

Nice! PS4 was the top selling home console in Japan for 2014 and opens up 2015 with a win! :)

Around the Network
Blood_Tears said:
Nice! PS4 was the top selling home console in Japan for 2014 and opens up 2015 with a win! :)

1: Launch weeks, remove those inflated numbers and Wii U > PS4

2: Traditional sony week

The true battle begins next week but who knows, I'm pretty sure ps4 wiill win 2015 even though I want wii U to win.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Nice Wii U numbers!
Great 3DS numbers!
Nintendomination

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

uran10 said:
Blood_Tears said:

1: Launch weeks, remove those inflated numbers and Wii U > PS4

2: Traditional sony week

The true battle begins next week but who knows, I'm pretty sure ps4 wiill win 2015 even though I want wii U to win.

Such spin ! Sorry but these are thé facts, PS4 is the top selling home console in japan for 2014, even without the launch week and without exclusive systèm seller

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Might want to check on your rankings/number. Animal Crossing is listed at 20k, which is more than the two games above it.

Whats with the 3DS/WiiU/PS4 disparity haha! 3DS still rules Japan even in Sony week (first week of January )