By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales Week 1, 2015 (Dec 29 - Jan 4th)

uran10 said:
vivster said:
So who won this week hardware wise? PS4 or Wii U?

unfortunately ps4 wins on average :(

And that's unfortunate because....

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
DerNebel said:
Well that's not a massive tracking difference for the Wii U and 3DS at all....

One of these days somebody has to explain to me why PS sales always go up on new years while Nintendo numbers go down.

While others have explained, it's called otoshidama. It's a money giving to older children or family members. These people are more likely to buy Sony consoles with that money. 

I'm aware of this New Years money thing, I'm more surprised that this doesn't affect Nintendo systems.

Very good figures for PS4, and congratz for the 1M+ in the User Base.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

uran10 said:
vivster said:
So who won this week hardware wise? PS4 or Wii U?

unfortunately ps4 wins on average :(

Sony easily won home consoles this week.  Credit to them that ps3 will survive another year.  And now ps4  will begin to shine! 

Nintendomination!!

Around the Network

Decent week for Vita. Last year FFX/X-2 released the week before with a bundle so it had no chance at beating that. This year though with no big release and no bundle it still managed a decent showing.

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

WiiU numbers are too different comparing Famitsu and Media Create numbers

So vita hardware is outpacing software in the charts. I do wonder if there are a lot of Vita sales in Japan for digital software.

Bon appetite, Minecraft and Terraria doing well in digital sales with some serious legs it would seem. I wish Sony would provide some more digital figures. The user base is increasing, but presence in physical chart if anything seems to be getting worse.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

MikeRox said:
So vita hardware is outpacing software in the charts. I do wonder if there are a lot of Vita sales in Japan for digital software.

Bon appetite, Minecraft and Terraria doing well in digital sales with some serious legs it would seem. I wish Sony would provide some more digital figures. The user base is increasing, but presence in physical chart if anything seems to be getting worse.

Think you hit the nail on the head.  People hardly buy vita's just to look at them.

PS4 is best selling home console already? lol i did say it would do so in 2015, but i meant from March not right away... Oh well pretty good numbers there. WiiU, 3DS and Vita are down yoy, so that's not as good.