By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales Week 1, 2015 (Dec 29 - Jan 4th)

Shouldnt Animal Crossing me in 9th place? ( on Media Create )

Gundam Breaker 2 - 18k
Grand Theft Auto V (including bundled version) - 17k
The Animal Crossing: New Leaf (including bundled version) - 20k

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
fluky-nintendy said:
Nothing can stop that NintendoDomination in Japan. I wonder what boost the Vita sales though? Certainly not the one only game in the chart!

Holiday boost. 

DerNebel said:

One of these days somebody has to explain to me why PS sales always go up on new years while Nintendo numbers go down.

In the holidays, parents buy things for children = Nintendo consoles because of the stronger perception they have as a child-friendly console (I suppose).

During new year, parents give money to children to buy what they want = Sony consoles.  Not quite sure why, probably a combination of them not being given as Christmas presents and their perception as more teen/adult consoles.  Something like that.

Pretty big differences between hardware numbers for WiiU, PS4 and 3DS (almost 60k!). Software is Nintendomination in it's finest. Everything on there is good.

BraLoD said:
PS4 and Wii U numbers are not consistent, which is right?

We will never know!The weird is the 3DS situation,153k vs 200k,that's really exasperating because the first tracker has it yoy down by 23k the other tracker yoy up by 13k.:O :@

Around the Network

Gongratulations to ps4 for reaching 1m!Also guys didn't someone say it?3DS reached 18m!
P.s Mario kart 8  will soon hit 1m in Japan!

Weird HW numbers this week, PS4 & Wii U pretty much swap places depending on which chart you look at lol

Lot's of Nintendo software in the chart though, nice to see Animal Crossing even after so long :)

vivster said:
So who won this week hardware wise? PS4 or Wii U?

unfortunately ps4 wins on average :(

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Troll_Whisperer said:
GTA V is up week on week. This game just keeps on giving. Truly one of the big franchises in Japan now.

VI will a system seller for sure. (in 2017)

DerNebel said:
Well that's not a massive tracking difference for the Wii U and 3DS at all....

One of these days somebody has to explain to me why PS sales always go up on new years while Nintendo numbers go down.

In Japan young people are given money for new years which they then spend on stuff they want i.e Playstation stuff rather than gifts from parents i.e Nintendo stuff.