By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - "2015 is a HUGE year for Rare", says Robin Beanland

A new Banjo game is the only reason why I would think about buying a X1, because I'm a platformer hot fan; but it will not sell that much, probably. These kind of games don't sell on a MS Console. I hope this will slowly change so that we will have more variety on XBox. Effort must be put to deliver a different game experience. This is a good move. it will take time, but the hope is still alive.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Around the Network

what i think is always funny about Rare news you dont see people saying something like: what happened with British gaming industry? Why they are going downhill?
Like they do with Japanese developers and their situation in news always.

No bashing just an observation from me reading news for so long.

Fusioncode said:
JayWood2010 said:

I wonder if Banjo 3 will be a digital title like Killer Instinct. Outside of Nintendo colorful platformers don't usually sell that well and making the game digital only with a smaller budget would be less riskier than a big budget retail game. It would probably satisfy hardcore fans. 

I think Banjo is big enough they may try retail.  They may not, but i think they will

kowenicki said:
Ninsect said:
iceland said:
riderz13371 said:
Kinect Sports 3 woohoooo

Isn't Rivals basically Kinect Sports 3?

Nah it's a prequel

is vizioneck down for maintenance today?  much more crowded on here today.

Having 2 tabs open is just slightly harder than having only 1. How is your private Xbox website going?

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

AZWification said:
Puppyroach said:
I would love a Kameo 2 reveal, with the first game included so that all the new fans can experience this amazing game :).

I agree.. Kameo was quite the 360 gem! It's a shame it didn't sell very well!

But it seems to have quite the following and is a game that shows that Rare "magic" :).

Around the Network

*Sigh* I really have little faith that a new Banjo game would be great, even though I really enjoyed N&B. Still, Banjo Threeie being announced would probably make me choose XBone over PS4. Curse you nostalgia.

JayWood2010 said:
Fusioncode said:

I wonder if Banjo 3 will be a digital title like Killer Instinct. Outside of Nintendo colorful platformers don't usually sell that well and making the game digital only with a smaller budget would be less riskier than a big budget retail game. It would probably satisfy hardcore fans. 

I think Banjo is big enough they may try retail.  They may not, but i think they will

i believe they'll go digital with Battletoads and retail with Banjo.