By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is it normal to have "microtransactions" in $60 AAA games?

It's become pretty common, but i haven't had too many problems with it myself. As long as what is being sold has little affect on my own experience, and as long as i'm not being constantly pestered to buy them, i'm not bothered by a game having them.

Around the Network
vivster said:
I don't mind them at all. Haven't had any game so far where I felt the need to use them. I'm very much used to grinding in games and as long as they won't hide content from me I'm ok with it.

Then I guess destiny is your 2014 GOTY.

daredevil.shark said:
vivster said:
I don't mind them at all. Haven't had any game so far where I felt the need to use them. I'm very much used to grinding in games and as long as they won't hide content from me I'm ok with it.

Then I guess destiny is your 2014 GOTY.

Maybe if it was on PC and had at least an interesting setting and was not a multiplayer game.

But I'm currently very much enjoying job grinding in FFIII :)

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Considering inflation games are cheaper now than they've ever been, so while it might be crappy, yes, it's very much a normal evolution of the industry. They're here to stay and in fact it's only going to get worse.

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9

I will never accept them nor use them (well maybe a few dollars every year. Sadly it is the norm to have microtransactions these days.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Around the Network

It's sadly becoming more common, but I just ignore them. I don't think I've ever spent money on microtransactions to speed up game progress.

We're in a new age ladies and gentlemen.

The age of the whale.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Black flag multi had expensive micro transactions but I kept my money and really enjoyed it none the less

If people would speak up about it to the companies and don't use the microtransactions then they would stop that. If the payoff is not worth the potential hate from something, they'll drop it like a kinect.

I'm still having problems with the retarded $60 price model. Not every game is worth $60, and that's not a bad thing. The middle market is not a bad thing.