By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is it normal to have "microtransactions" in $60 AAA games?

Most of the $60 AAA games "multiplayer" (in some cases single player) now have it. Games like the crew and the division (hopefully) will keep Ubisoft "reputation" with microtransactions to a new level. But we can see this feature in all games. COD still hasnt applied it yet but soon it might change. Uncharted 3 "multiplayer" (till level 25) became F2P and made me sad with some in game purchasable items. We are seeing the same with GTA V or Dragon Age Inquisition (EA). Will you accept microtransactions in Halo 5 or Uncharted 4?

Around the Network

I honestly hate the practice. Yes, its optional and isn't required most of the time but thats exactly where it all starts! First its always soo innocent and then bam, its mandatory on everything! Microtransactions seriously shouldn't be allowed in $60 releases cause come on, we already paid for the game, quit trying to suck more money from us damn it!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I always thought paying full price for a game meant you can avoid all that crap.

Any full-priced game that has microtransactions like that I will boycott and I hope the rest of the gaming community does so as well, or else we're sending a message that it's okay to squeeze us of every last penny possible.

If that has become normal, this industry has sunk to a new low.

curl-6 said:

Guess what; now a days most of the games multiplayer has it.

Around the Network
daredevil.shark said:
curl-6 said:

Ick. Lucky I'm not that into online multiplayer.

curl-6 said:
daredevil.shark said:

Ick. Lucky I'm not that into online multiplayer.

Same here. As you can see from my sig I dont have ps+ yet. If Sony wants me to invest in their multiplayer they have to earn it.

It is now.

Can't believe how much of a sheep people are if they're willing to waste money on this useless crap.

I'm now filled with determination.

I don't mind them at all. Haven't had any game so far where I felt the need to use them. I'm very much used to grinding in games and as long as they won't hide content from me I'm ok with it.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.