By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Devil’s Third For Wii U is “Just About Done”, Says Developer

The awaited Wii U exclusive, Devil’s Third has been in development for years now and fans are eagerly waiting to know more regarding its release.

Tomonobu Itagaki, who is a former Tecmo devs and is currently working to this Wii U exclusive at Valhalla Game Studio. He created Valhalla after leaving Tecmo back few years ago.

According to Itagaki, development of Devil’s Third “just about done.” This means we should be hearing something about a release date anytime now, right? Unfortunately, that’s not the case. Itagaki revealed that a release date announcement will take “a little longer.”

In a recent interview, Itagaki stated:

“The single player is made to be like the action games of yesteryear,and the online competitive multiplayer mode was designed on a scale that will make you go ‘this much already?!’ The release date announcement will still take a little longer, but let’s play together when it releases. It’s loads of fun!!”

Nintendo and their consoles are known for a different set of games, a set of games which is loved by millions and Nintendo has established their identity on the basis of these games.

For Nintendo, Devil’s Third runs on somewhat unconventional tracks as it is a bloody hack and slash shooter but the title will be a welcomed addition to Nintendo’s library.

Devil’s Third went into development around six years ago and is expected to hit Wii U sometime this year. To Know more about Devil’s Third, keep it locked to SegmentNext.

Are you excited for Devil’s Third? Share your views in the comments.

Source: http://segmentnext.com/2015/01/05/devils-third-wii-u-just-done-says-developer/

Around the Network

Cool! I do need to see more of this game to be super hyped though! With that being said, if it turns out to be good, I can't wait to play this section:

The tattoo looks great on her! I hope there are more tattoos like that in the game

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Cool! I do need to see more of this game to be super hyped though! With that being said, if it turns out to be good, I can't wait to play this section:

Glad I am not the only one looking for this game. I feel that Nintendo needs to mix their games up, and not use the same character over and over again even though gameplay-wise they're entirely (used loosely) different. For instance, the different Mario games.

Hope this is good, the Wii U needs some variety in it's library.

Not overly optimistic though, the E3 trailer was decent but not anything to get too excited about.

Either way, this game is going to sell so badly. It's great that Nintendo are making deals to bring these kinds of games to Wii U, but they can't expect to make money off of it surely?

leon.hart said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Glad I am not the only one looking for this game. I feel that Nintendo needs to mix their games up, and not use the same character over and over again even though gameplay-wise they're entirely (used loosely) different. For instance, the different Mario games.

Yea, I am glad that Nintendo is at least trying to cover the genres they aren't very good in by funding external developers! Covering more genres is always an awesome way to deversify the gaming experience on the said console! Not to say Nintendo doesn't cover a whole whack of genres already cause they do but adding more games that aren't usually in Nintendo's library never hurts

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Good news I suppose. The release won't be soon uh? Well, more time to give some final touches and polish the game, which is something that's always welcomed. I have certain interest in this one, since I loved Turok Evolution back in the Gamecube; and this reminds me of it a little.. PLUS I enjoyed the multiplayer in Turok Evolution AND Ninja Gaiden, which he wasn't involved in, but this seems similar.

Let's hope the game delivers!

I mean it looks fun but not something I'll get day 1

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

Give me proof that the game is not still shit, and I'll allow myself to get excited about this.

It's gotten a lot of hate but it looks good imo and the fact that itagaki is behind it has me kind of excited. If it turns out to be good I hope this series becomes a Nintendo mainstay a bit of variety never hurt anyone

I'm excited to see the finished, polished product. The developer has stated that the game has basically been reworked since E3 and it looks/plays much better now, which gives me hope. Regardless, this is something new to add to my collection and it's nice to have as much diversity as possible.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread