By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The definitive SSBB NA first week sales thread

SSBB: aroudn 1.6 million
Hardware: 350,000

naznatips where abouts did you get that info on Brawl having over 1 million pre-orders? I do believe it, but when abouts was that annouced?

Around the Network

The Hardware sales won't just be related to Brawl though.
It still seems in NA that demand outstrips supply, so if Nintendo have been stockpiling and fill up the shelves with Wii's for that week, they will fly off the shelf, regardless of what Brawl does.

darthdevidem01 said:
@zanfolder

thats criminally low for wii hardware...

It's not as if hardware is being determined by demand.

Whatever Nintendo wants to ship, they ship.

Now, if they ship 250,000 units a week for a month, then that'll use up their entire built up stock.

I really don't think we'll be getting more than that, per week, over the course of march.

Assuming we will, just sets us up for some of Crazzy's childish posts about how we were wrong about Wii sales and stockpiling.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Software : 1.0 million
Hardware : 300k

@NJ5:

After 44 SSBB predictions and 35 Wii Hardware predictions we have:

SSBB average prediction: 1.925 million (median = 1.8 million)
Wii Hardware average prediction: 409k (median = 400k)

For comparision in prediction leage we have:
Brawl: 1,229,009
Wii: 198,543

So possibly Wii fans are overrepresented in this thread. My guess is around 1.5 mln for Brawl and 250k for Wii.

Around the Network

Do these predictions count for the first week in which brawl is sold(meaning just Sunday), or for the first seven days that it is being sold during?

I wonder when we'll know... Bungie released the first-day Halo 3 sales the next day. Hopefully Nintendo will do the same. I'm going to keep searching for the information.

Honestly, I have absolutely no idea how well it will sell. :P

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Geez, I must've really underestimated Wii hardware. I bet 250k in the predictions league, figuring that they wouldn't ship enough.

For Brawl itself, I bet 1.7 million. If they shipped more, it'll sell more, but I don't think they did.

NJ5 said:

Astrodust said:
So anyways I was at EB games earlier today and the guy working there said they got 400 preorders for the game. Then I was at BestBuy and the guy told me they were getting around 800 copies of the game

(...)

I hope that's the case in every store :)

My GameStop had 600 pre-orders for Brawl when I went to pre-order MGS4 a month ago.  I'm sure that number went up as things got closer to launch.