By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Evil Within is awesome, and it reached great success.

Tagged games:

Did you like it?

Absolutely. One of 2014's finest games. 20 25.00%

Yeah, I liked it a lot. 18 22.50%

It was okay. 8 10.00%

It was meh. 7 8.75%

Didn't like it much. 3 3.75%

No, I found it terrible. 4 5.00%

Absolutely not. One of 2014's worst games. 3 3.75%

I don't want to answer. 1 1.25%

I want to see the results. 13 16.25%

Mikami is God among Men. 2 2.50%

Total:79
sundin13 said:
I've heard a lot of mixed things, but I haven't played it yet. I'll likely pick it up eventually, but I must admit, I'm not too hyped.

That's a good way to approach a game. By not hyping yourself too much, it might surpass your expectations and enjoy it even more.

Around the Network

PS4 the win

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

I have to say I liked it a lot. It has flaws but I have to commend it for being one of the most outright uncomfortable video games I have ever played from start to finish. Whether it was scares from the totally random crazy enemies or constantly worrying about hitting a tripwire it was an unnerving experience the whole way through. Absolutely insane ending chapters too.  Alot of people hated on it, but I liked the way they handled the gunplay too.  Not every shot a character makes should connect, and you shouldn't necessarily see where they all hit either.  After all it is a survival game and you are panicked.

Looks good. I got it for the xone for christmas. Looking forward to playing it whenever I get the chance.

Burek said:
I like the game, it's good. I am currently playing it, made it to Chapter 6 so far. But there is just something that doesn't compel me to keep playing.
Some games, I just cannot put the controller down, and cannot wait to have more time to continue playing. This game....I just seem to play it to get through it, I pick it up, play through a couple of checkpoints, save and...I haven't played it since Wednesday, and probably won't again until tomorrow.

Gotten to ch.9 now, and I'm seriously contemplating stopping here. I know I'm not enjoying it when I'm counting down the chapters to the end. Ehhh, and this was my most anticipated game this fall after Far Cry... I'm getting old...

Around the Network

I was really into it a few weeks ago, not so much anymore. Need to try it again.

Burek said:

Gotten to ch.9 now, and I'm seriously contemplating stopping here. I know I'm not enjoying it when I'm counting down the chapters to the end. Ehhh, and this was my most anticipated game this fall after Far Cry... I'm getting old...

Well, that's a shame. The game tries to add a bit of variety from chapter to chapter to keep people hooked up. I'd say try getting into Chapter 11, and if you still have the same feeling, then leave it be.

I really liked this game, it was intense and scary. It definitely beats most movies at creating a frightening experience, though the mechanics need to improve.