By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Evil Within is awesome, and it reached great success.

Tagged games:

Did you like it?

Absolutely. One of 2014's finest games. 20 25.00%

Yeah, I liked it a lot. 18 22.50%

It was okay. 8 10.00%

It was meh. 7 8.75%

Didn't like it much. 3 3.75%

No, I found it terrible. 4 5.00%

Absolutely not. One of 2014's worst games. 3 3.75%

I don't want to answer. 1 1.25%

I want to see the results. 13 16.25%

Mikami is God among Men. 2 2.50%

Total:79
Wright said:
Anfebious said:
I have it on my PS3! I did the first part where you get the key and open the door and... just that. I liked the atmosphere but I didn't experience the gameplay yet... I'm a bit of a pussy when it comes to horror games so I'll take my time with that game..

I am totally fine with Resident Evil games though! Those aren't scary, they are just full of cheese!

The first chapter of the game goes in full contrast to the third and subsequent ones. Just wait until Sebastian gets his hands on the Crossbow.

I didn't experience "fear" when playing the game, though there were some tense moments I think my body wouldn't be able to take again for a while.

I'll download it right now! Maybe I'll get to play it next week... (internet over here is horrible, lol)

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network

Good to hear. I'm a RE fan, so I always hoped this would be good. I plan to buy it sometime, but not quite yet, as I have a big games backlog:(

Wright said:
badgenome said:
Congrats on beating Akumu mode

Yay! Thanks! :)

To be honest, Crossbow was an extremely useful item (wouldn't have made it without the Flash/Electric/Frozen bolts), but the weapon that really made me go through it was the Sniper Rifle. Damage and ammo to the max, that thing could take on...anything, really.

It's an actual Resident Evil 4 spiritual successor then

RenCutypoison said:

No, because there was no Chicago Typewritter to be found at all, or funny unlockable costumes... :(

Although you unlock a Russian-esque submachine gun after beating the game!

Played it, beat it and didn't really like it. Akumu mode sounds challenging though, I may have to try it.

Around the Network

Nice! I am loving this game!

There Are Many Paths to Gaming Heaven

Wright said:
RenCutypoison said:

No, because there was no Chicago Typewritter to be found at all, or funny unlockable costumes... :(

I still have to buy the game, but I'm pretty sure this would have be awesome with the general ambiance of the game though

RenCutypoison said:

I still have to buy the game, but I'm pretty sure this would have be awesome with the general ambiance of the game though

It definitively would, all things considered. Still, the SMG I told you about goes with the atmosphere as well, but Mikami emphatized that he did not want a machine-gun to be found on a fresh New Game walktrhough, so this weapon was an afterthought.

It's what resident evil 6 should have been

I loved it, great survival horror. A bit hard at nightmare difficulty :D

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.