By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Digital Foundry vs Halo 5 beta

generic-user-1 said:
Hynad said:
generic-user-1 said:

well they dont lie for the fanboys, halos gamelay is meh at best. to slow, to simple mapdesign, a meh story with meh characters. nothing special... change we need...

You never played Halo MP... The gameplay is quite fast paced. Especially in the Halo 5 beta... -__-

i played halo mp, all of them, but i played good fs for years, and aginst tribes, quake and ut, halo is just a meh game, to slow, to boring gamemodes, to lame weapons..

Deary me, the close to 2million people who bought the MMC in the past 2 months would disagree with you... in fact myself as someone who hasn't moved onto the X1 but have played through from Reach > 4 would definately have to presume you didn't do the same when you call it a "meh story" Even Halo4 who's gameplay was slightly limited by the 360s aging hardware (not a fan of locking doors behind you each room) had one of the best sci fi finales that I've encountered in gaming or movies.

[Also the word is Too! I know you're German but to and too are two seperate words with different meanings :) if you go to the shops it has 1 o in it, if something has Too much explosives it has oo.]

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
kinisking said:
A year from release. Wow. Does digital foundry usually do beta's?

Yeah they do. But the Halo MP beta is different in that it's actually a beta and a long time before release. Nowadays the betas are like a month before the game launches.

foodfather said:
Playing the beta I had no idea it was only 720p. Halo 4 easier on the eyes my arse, these clowns dont have a clue. Halo 5 looks phenomenal.

That's nice, but what does your personal experience have to do with theirs? Are you a clown for not agreeing with them? Or does this only go one way? ^^

vivster said:

It would be hilarious if they used the same technique as in KZ.

It would be I'd be pretty happy if they did though. The technique respires a lot of refining, and could do without GG smothering it with motion blur (they seem to really like that in their MP...), but the technique itself was pretty interesting. I'd love to see more developers have a go at it.

SubiyaCryolite said:
That said seeing people get so defensive is quite arousing.

Fixed

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network

It's a beta, ok... there's 11 months for the launch, ok... But;
- 720p as resolution even for beta is patetic. To me, this proves that this game, will not have more than 900p.
- having dips, framerate and effects issues in this stage, not good sign. Can be fixed ok, but....
- But to me the most concerning aspect is, even that is a beta, having TEARING in a 720p game is ridiculous.
Xbox fans talked a lot of shit about Uncharted 4, but now, what you all have to talk. Your best game and proud hope is not having good beggining, right...

Zekkyou said:

I really can't see them letting any of it being 720p. They've put a lot of work into improving how people perceive the X1 (in regards to power). Letting that slip with Halo 5 of all things would be really dumb. I'll happily take a bet on it though You can pop my bet making cherry.

900p/60fps seems like a safe bet for the SP though. It could be higher, but assuming they also want to introduce some graphical improvements, it seems like the most likely progression from where the beta is. That or 1328x1080 (what Halo 2: Ani was), but that's pretty much the same as 900p.

They can do 1080p with 60 fps, but it will sacrifice some graphic, if they want to do more they need time to release on 2016, even if they put 1000 worker that's still to hard to create house engine that can run code to close to metal like what Naughty dog does, and for what i can see they need to focus first with multiplayer first and second with graphic, i think we will see some graphic improvement with Halo 6, or game that will be release on 2016-2017 onward. But it's still to hard to judge for now, but still my concern is not with the hardware but with human resource and from what recent multiplayer fiasco with MCC. It will be great if they can deliver promising multiplayer aspect with some graphic improvement, but MCC told us differently so we will wait and see.

jlmurph2 said:
Captain_Tom said:
I realize this is a beta, but seriously 720p 30 FPS?! I have never, ever seen a beta stray that far from the finished product.

The gameplay is not 30fps. The fact that you cherry picked the fps of an animation from the 3 second cinematic in a beta shows an agenda.

I have no agenda Mr. "Xbox Empire" lol, though I am sorry if my statement hurts yours.  Maybe I shouldn't have said 30 FPS, but it is jery as hell, and I stand by my statement that I would worry if they can improve it that much. 

Moderated - Leadified

grannamir said:
It's a beta, ok... there's 11 months for the launch, ok... But;
- 720p as resolution even for beta is patetic. To me, this proves that this game, will not have more than 900p.
- having dips, framerate and effects issues in this stage, not good sign. Can be fixed ok, but....
- But to me the most concerning aspect is, even that is a beta, having TEARING in a 720p game is ridiculous.
Xbox fans talked a lot of shit about Uncharted 4, but now, what you all have to talk. Your best game and proud hope is not having good beggining, right...

Errrr 11 months is more time than goes into each yearly battlefield game or Fifa from the very start, do you really think they come out exactly the way they run and look before production begins?

Damn Battlefield 4 launched in a Beta state and took another few months to get to a point where it was almost considered ready to release, being 11 months from launch and having a next gen engine that mostly works is a great place to be for 343 for a smooth unbroken launch of Halo 5.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ruler said:
JDemon said:
Ruler said:
kinisking said:
Ruler said:
kinisking said:
Ruler said:
i think Halo 5 will flop, MS needs new IPs.

Thats what they say about every halo game ever. It will succeed. And let's ignore sunset overdrive and quantum break which are 2 interesting new ip's coming soon or have already arrived. 

well this time its different, this time its not made by bungie and the install base is much smaller on the X1. I think it will sell 2 million units and get mediocore reviews

Why?? Halo 4 wasn't made by bungie and got a 87 on meta critic. Halo 4 was bashed for its multi-player not  the single player. Halo 5 already has a much better multi-player. Let's make a bet. Halo 5 will definitely sell more than 2 million units within the first month and will get a meta critic above 89

It will flop and sell 2-3 million units, because

- people allready bought destiny on the x1 and ps4

- people got disapointed by destiny

- people got disapointed by the Halo masterchief collection because of its multiplayer

- the halo masterchief collection sold only 1.5 million units  at launch despite being the total wet dream of every halo fans (multiplayer issues werent known yet).

- most xbox 360  owners switched to the ps4

- they released a multiplayer beta that only runs at 720p more dispointement 

cool... you can go jerkoff to japanese shit now.

did i make you butthurt that you come with racism now? :P

Moderated by axumblade

thats not racist kid. nice try though. it's obvious you dont care for the halo franchise. that's cool and all but dont waste your time hating on it.