By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Where are console sales baselines going to settle in 2015?

Which consoles will see the biggest increase year-over-year?

PS4 67 63.21%

WiiU 22 20.75%

XB1 15 14.15%

None, they'll all decrease. 2 1.89%

Total:106

smh.
PS4: 150K.
Xb1:70K
WiiU:60K

:|

Around the Network
Mr.Playstation said:
Ps4: 120K
Wii U: 65K
Xbox One: 60K

I'm placing the Wii U baseline before the Xbox One baseline by the fact that before the holidays the Wii U was outselling the Xbox one.

That's an interesting call. Both systems had something of a rough year, but their prospects are notably raised post-holiday.

The holiday price-cut gave Xbox a shot in the arm, and both Smash and Amiibos could edge the WiiU up. It really does have the potential to go either way, I think.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

PS4: 140k
XBO: 80k (assuming a price of 400$)
WiiU: 40k

XBO wil probably have the biggest increase YoY.

wii u really depends on how smash will effect it(amiibo too)
ps4 will be 150k at least due to too many games
xbox one will drop to around 70k due to increase price
so
ps4: 150k+
xbox one: 70k
wii u: 35k-60k(depends really if smash/amiibo and the change in public perception will affect it
if it gets a pricecut I expect 80k(yes Im bold)

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Mr.Playstation said:

I'm placing the Wii U baseline before the Xbox One baseline by the fact that before the holidays the Wii U was outselling the Xbox one.

A good point but I think the Xbox has too much momentum going in the US to fall behind the Wii U anymore and its going to get some multiplatform third party games as well. Also, Wii U doesn't have any big potential seller until Mario Maker and Zelda U. 

Edit: Just saw that Xbox is going back to 399$. If its a temporary price raise for the first few months I think the rest of the year and holiday sales will make its baseline higher than Wii U.

Around the Network

I get MK8 and SSB released this year, but the momentum from those games and a new game almost every month from Nintendo (hopefully the barren months filled with Mighty NO. 9 and Project CARS) I think Wii U will peak next year, even if practically every Nintendo fan now owns one.

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

Mr.Playstation said:

(Going by VGC) You mean during the time the Xbox One was waiting to get a price cut, or you know, 3 weeks back in in June? Besides that, the only other times the Wii U was above was 4 weeks from mid July to mid August, but that can be atributed to the under tracking of the One and or the over tracking of the Wii U, as the week that put the Xbox One over again, the Wii U got a random -20%, so ioi had to pick a place for Wii U sales to drop like a rock.

The other 45 (not counting any under/over tracking for the One/U) weeks, the One was selling more.

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

Welfare said:
Mr.Playstation said:

(Going by VGC) You mean during the time the Xbox One was waiting to get a price cut, or you know, 3 weeks back in in June? Besides that, the only other times the Wii U was above was 4 weeks from mid July to mid August, but that can be atributed to the under tracking of the One and or the over tracking of the Wii U, as the week that put the Xbox One over again, the Wii U got a random -20%, so ioi had to pick a place for Wii U sales to drop like a rock.

The other 45 (not counting any under/over tracking for the One/U) weeks, the One was selling more.

wii u can outsell xbox one due to more excluisves first half of 2015

gamestop puts games up for preorder that come out at most 7 months later

going by this we have

wii u first half: mario party 10, splatoon,  kirby rainbow curse, yoshi wholly world, devils third, and mario maker

vs

xbox one's first half of no main excluisves

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

PS4 - 150K
XB1 - 70K
WII U - 20K

The Xbox One should see the biggest increase out of the three ...

OfficerRaichu15 said:

wii u can outsell xbox one due to more excluisves first half of 2015

gamestop puts games up for preorder that come out at most 7 months later

going by this we have

wii u first half: mario party 10, splatoon,  kirby rainbow curse, yoshi wholly world, devils third, and mario maker

vs

xbox one's first half of no main excluisves

Exclusives won't matter, especially Wii U exclusives. MP 10, Splatoon, and Mario Maker are non factors and won't be pushing Wii U's numbers high. I don't see the Devils Third pushing HW, and Kirby/Yoshi will be selling to the consumer base the Wii U already has. So none of those will have any major sales impact.

Xbox One games for the first half of 2015 though? State of Decay, Screamride, Ori, and marketing deals for Evolve and Witcher 3. Then you have all the third party games that won't touch the Wii U, like Dragon Ball Xenoverse, Resident Evil, DMC, Final Fantasy Type 0, Battlefield, Dark Souls 2, Batman, and all the exclusive ID@Xbox games coming out.

Wii U will not outsell the One because of exclusives. Xbox One will outsell Wii U because of 3rd party support. And man, this is starting to remind me of early 2014 discussions.

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287