By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon US January monthly bestsellers and general amazon based discussions

bananaking21 said:
CGI-Quality said:

I don't think there are rough times ahead at all. One of them has to win. That's just how it goes (I keep saying this). Microsoft has actually done a very good job of making the X1 relevant. Now, with the price already $349, and the bundle including two games, they should just ride this out till profit.

i think MS will surely do better this year than last year (at least in the US and most probably UK). the price is 350$ this year compared to the 500$ price they had for the first 6 months of the year last year. i can see them doing worse in March, since that was titanfall month last year. but i think they will hold up better. 

also, this thread will be very funny if XB1 wins january NPD. everybody expects the PS4 to win easily. 

Here maybe but not everywhere. When NPD will be out, many will probably go back to Earth on website like IGN/Gamespot etc...

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:

one should always hope for some good crow eating to happen regardless of which fanbase.

either way, i fully expect the PS4 to win based on what we are seeing, but i think it will be closer than expected.

If you had to guess at the gap, what would it be? I reckon it will be around 40k.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
bananaking21 said:

one should always hope for some good crow eating to happen regardless of which fanbase.

either way, i fully expect the PS4 to win based on what we are seeing, but i think it will be closer than expected.

If you had to guess at the gap, what would it be? I reckon it will be around 40k.

id guess 40k-70k maybe. im no expert, and my predictions suck balls. but thats what i would guess. 

CGI-Quality said:

I do expect some crow-eatin', just not from PlayStation fans. ;)

In terms of unit difference, I can see upwards of 75-100K difference between the two.

Really? I think it's going to be much closer than that.

edit: I forgot about the short period of time the XB1 went back up! Damn ... still sticking to 40k though.

The PS5 Exists. 

CGI-Quality said:
bananaking21 said:

I do expect some crow-eatin', just not from PlayStation fans. ;)

In terms of unit difference, I can see upwards of 75-100K difference between the two.

those poor nintendo dudes. 

what was last years difference? wasnt it around 120k? 

not sure if PS4 will be up honestly.

Around the Network

When is january npd out?

I believe the gap will be in [50k-100k] range.

definitely will not be 2:1 like last year's january.

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-4-Console/dp/B00BGA9WK2/ref=zg_bs_videogames_9?tag=viglink20241-20

NEW AMAZON BUNDLE - ps4 + dying light + tlou = 429

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

DD_Bwest said:
http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-4-Console/dp/B00BGA9WK2/ref=zg_bs_videogames_9?tag=viglink20241-20

That is incredible value!! So far, I don't see an X1 Dying Light bundle.

DD_Bwest said:

For those that are unaware, this bundle will not "chart". Each sale of it will count towards the regular PS4 SKU and regular Dying light game.

That is always the case with Amazon specific bundles that include something like this section:

"This bundle contains 2 items (may ship separately):

1 of PlayStation 4 Console
1 of Dying Light - PlayStation 4

"