By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Anyone able to run dragon age inquisition on their laptop?

Nope, but I can run Pong!

Around the Network

Seems like an odd problem. On a MacBook Pro retina, which only has a 750m, I can run the game on low-medium settings at 1080p 30fps.

Intel i7-8086k @ 5.1 GHz | Asus Maximus X Hero | 32GB Ballistix Sport LT 2400Mhz RAM | Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti

kingdemise said:
Captain_Tom said:
kingdemise said:
sc94597 said:
kingdemise said:
Laptops are not designed for demanding game, especially open world one.

Plus Dragon age is already bad optimised on full pc tower.

That is kind of bullshit these days. There are plenty of mobile gpus that run games fine because of advancements in mobile technology in general. That includes his GPU, which is comparable in power to the PS4's. 

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-HD-7870-vs-GeForce-GTX-970M

His CPU is overkill (although maybe not for Dragon Age, which seems to only run well on i7's.) 

You know pc gaming isn't just about cpu and gpu. It's also about temperature. How do you eliminate overheat for demanding game without burning some composant ? How do you evacuate the heat on a laptop ?

Laptop are not designed for it.

How?  Build a laptop that can handle it.  My little 13" Laptop with a 765m (High End) GPU never gets over 85c, and that is while it is overclocked a shit-ton to get 20%+ extra performance.

Wow that's still a lot mate.

Not if you are used to high end gaming.  Below 90c is always good.  Hell the GTX 480 was built to run at 105c.

kingdemise said:
Captain_Tom said:
kingdemise said:

Dude the 980m is as strong as a desktop 970.  Drop this "Laptops can't game BS" because it isn't 2010 anymore.

I really doubt it, give me some benchmark fps and I'll believe you. Take the demanding post 2012 you want for it.

Look past your ass:

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-980M.126692.0.html

Runs good on mine.

2x GTX980M 8GB (sli)

64gb ram

I7 4940MX EE

Around the Network

Runs awfully on my i5 ULV + 7570m, but no crashes at least.

kingdemise said:
Captain_Tom said:
kingdemise said:

Dude the 980m is as strong as a desktop 970.  Drop this "Laptops can't game BS" because it isn't 2010 anymore.

I really doubt it, give me some benchmark fps and I'll believe you. Take the demanding post 2012 you want for it.

Modern mobile gpus are only very slightly behind thier desktop counterparts.

Thanks for all the help guys. Managed to fix the game. I downgraded my nvidia drivers to 344.75. Neither newer nor older drivers worked for me only this specific one. Additionally I tabbed out of the game immediately when it started and changed the graphics settings for the game in the NVIDIA Control Panel to High-performance NVIDIA processor. Then I changed my game settings to windowed Fullscreen instead of fullscreen and no longer had to tab out as I started the game. Can finally enjoy the game maxed out since my desktop couldn't handle it. Next step is to figure out why my graphics settings get reset when I run games in fullscreen and not in windowed mode, but that will be for another day.

Sounds like you have driver issues.

I have an ASUS ROG G751 Series G751JT-CH71 Gaming Laptop. Nvidia GeForce 970M. 16GB RAM. 1TB HDD. Intel i7-4710HQ (2.50GHz).

That laptop runs Dragon Age: Inquisition with zero problems on High detail setting. It also never gets very hot. I don't know about this "laptops aren't built for gaming" nonsense.