By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's going to be the most over-hyped game this year?

Tagged games:

idk what your definition of over rated is?
Halo 4 got 9's across the board and people called it overhyped.

Halo 5 will probably do the same, but the beta is pretty damn fun.

No Man's Sky for PS4, just going to be a snoozefest and Splatoon for Nintendo, too many people on this site hype that game up for no good reason.

For MS, idk. Halo 5 and Quantum Break are going to score well and be loved by many so I can't see them being overhyped.

Around the Network
DarkRPGamer007 said:
Anything on PS4

Sony related games are overhyped by preset. Their worshippers appear prone to mix up the concepts of quality, quantity, sales, success, and having a strong third party suit. Sony are surely business effective, for being macro-scaled - but they do not deliver too many timeless games; that has never been its true strength. The only real exception across a span of 2 generations seems to have been The Last of Us.

When you look back at these coveted crafts of today in, let's say... 20 years time- you will likely see what I mean.

Betting on Evolve. Hopefully No Man's Sky does not disappoint, but I'm still skeptical about it.

Evolve or Splatoon.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

uncharted, by miles

Around the Network

I think No Man's Sky will disappoint.
It's such a great project, but unless they really show more footage at E3 of what you can actually do on these planets, it seems to have shallow gameplay.

Samus Aran said:
bubblegamer said:
A WiiU exclusive.

What a surprising answer coming from you. ;)

Anyway, I'm going with No Man's Sky. 

What do you mean? And what's with the discriminating attitude? Didn't see you be "surprised" by darkrpggamers comment.

The Fanboys are strong in here.

tak13 said:
You don't clarify how you mean it!
Hype and finally deserving the hype or hype and eventually not deserving the hype?

bold.

Encephalych said:
DarkRPGamer007 said:
Anything on PS4

Sony related games are overhyped by preset. Their worshippers appear prone to mix up the concepts of quality, quantity, sales, success, and having a strong third party suit. Sony are surely business effective, for being macro-scaled - but they do not deliver too many timeless games; that has never been its true strength. The only real exception across a span of 2 generations seems to have been The Last of Us.

When you look back at these coveted crafts of today in, let's say... 20 years time- you will likely see what I mean.

The hell is this?