By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's going to be the most over-hyped game this year?

Tagged games:

kingdemise said:

Have you played the game ? I have the game, done the 4 main campaign and playing online often. Problem are mostly resolved. The only real problem is that it takes 2 to 5 minutes to Matchmaking when games like COD or BF or titanfall takes 20 to 50 second to find you a party. Besides this point, the game is fine now. They even resolved framerate issues on campaign.

And I agree with Foodfather, Halo 5 is going to beast. I play the beta right now, and we are a LOT to say the MP seems to be the best of the franchise. Only hard die fan of the second episode are whining.

Well, the MP is the most important part. I guess I'll wait and see.
However, we haven't seen anything of uncharted 4 yet, nor have we seen the order's MP.

Both could really change a whole lot of things.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
kingdemise said:

Have you played the game ? I have the game, done the 4 main campaign and playing online often. Problem are mostly resolved. The only real problem is that it takes 2 to 5 minutes to Matchmaking when games like COD or BF or titanfall takes 20 to 50 second to find you a party. Besides this point, the game is fine now. They even resolved framerate issues on campaign.

And I agree with Foodfather, Halo 5 is going to beast. I play the beta right now, and we are a LOT to say the MP seems to be the best of the franchise. Only hard die fan of the second episode are whining.

However, we haven't seen anything of uncharted 4 yet, nor have we seen the order's MP.

The Order does not have MP, thankfully. Unless you meant to write U4's MP

Galahaddy said:
theprof00 said:
kingdemise said:

The Order does not have MP, thankfully. Unless you meant to write U4's MP

Holy shit. Did not know there was no MP. I don't know why that's a good thing though, unless you mean wasted resources for tacked on gameplay.

I felt like it could have been uncharted 2 levels.

kingdemise said:
Aeolus451 said:
Euphoria14 said:
My vote is on No Man's Sky, just because it gets so much praise while we know very little about it.

Shocked at the people saying The Order though. Never thought overhyped games would see articles telling you not to preorder it and almost a years worth of negative articles for the most part.

I think The Order is one of those games that is currently being singled out by the media and put in a very bad light. It is very far from overhyped, which would need to involve not just forums goers but the mass media as well, ala TitanFall and Destiny. The Order does not have the media on it's side. The media almost seems dead set against it.

There's enough info about No Man's Sky to get an idea of what to expect.

I find it very difficult to picture what the game is about actually. Apart from "visiting" and "wandering". As far I know and correct me if I wrong, no combat has been shown so far and it is said to be core of the gameplay...

Most of the info about the game is in interviews on youtube. There's some vids on combat in the game. You have ground and space combat.  Space combat is arcade like. The majority of the planets are supposed to be "unexplored" and populated by creatures. You gather resources to sell and explore planets for new gear/upgrades/materials. 

There's not gonna be cities full of aliens or npc's on planets or anything. The planets are actually the size of planets. You can scan the planet to see if there's anything of interest then go explore the planet with your ship or on foot if you want. IF you are the first person to find a planet, you are credited for it to everyone. At night while on a planet, every star you see is another planet a different player is on or has found. Every player starts on a unique planet. I could go and on. I wrote alot of this down already in another thread. 

Here's some vid with different info.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9w6AJxyD18 This one has alot of info in it. Look at the discription to found out where in the vid who talks about certain things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb9t_krVtms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwX0g4ZkMH0 This a interview vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-kifCYToAU    Another interview vid  Shows develope tools and goes in depth about the game.

mophinz said:
Skullwaker said:
mophinz said:

Zelda and Uncharted 4 will be super duper overhype

Uncharted 4 will get hate by most people for being movie-ish despite great platforming and puzzle. people will overlook that part and talk only about shooting and cutscene. but i never like Uncharted series anyway. still wait for ps4 JRPG

Zelda U will not follow Zelda Cycle , Nintendo fanboys will love it no matter what because WiiU is in bad position and they will blindly praise anything to make themself feel better.

That is actually so false. If there's one franchise Nintendo fans are the most critical about, it's Zelda.

not this time. only small amout of them will complaint.

Wow, didn't know we had a time traveller here. Hey could you maybe get me the metascore while you are at it?

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
Aeolus451 said:
Euphoria14 said:
My vote is on No Man's Sky, just because it gets so much praise while we know very little about it.

Shocked at the people saying The Order though. Never thought overhyped games would see articles telling you not to preorder it and almost a years worth of negative articles for the most part.

I think The Order is one of those games that is currently being singled out by the media and put in a very bad light. It is very far from overhyped, which would need to involve not just forums goers but the mass media as well, ala TitanFall and Destiny. The Order does not have the media on it's side. The media almost seems dead set against it.

There's enough info about No Man's Sky to get an idea of what to expect. That info is fragmented though. It will live up to what the devs are saying about it but I don't know if it would live to someone's expectation of it that knows next to nothing about it. The creators reference the souls series a lot and I expect the game to be around the same difficulty as them as well as some aspects. For example, if your ship is destroyed, you'll have to use an escape pod to the nearest planet and you lose everything your ship was carrying. You'll have to buy a entire new ship from the planet you are stuck on to replace the old ship.

Is there any combat or is mostly gathering resources? I want to give the game a shot and am now trying to not watch anything related to it so I can keep expectations in check.

I think it looks interesting, but I just think it gets a ton of praise and unfortunately the media will ride it so hard until release that people's expectations will be way too high and the chances of being disappointed will be great, even if the game itself is a very good game, similar to what happened with Destiny.

There's as mucn combat or gathering resources as you want. It's up to you really. From what I understand, the areas you start in is really for upgrading you and buying a ship. You can stay in those areas as long as you want or move on. It's like the souls games where you can can keep building up your character or move onto the more difficult areas where the good stuff is. You can fight just about anything from different police factions, the main bad guys to pirates. You start in the outskirts of the galaxy and you're supposed to get closer to the center of the galaxy which gets more difficult and rewarding as you get further in. The creator said something about it taking over 2000 hours to reach the center. You'll feel very alone like how it is in the souls games because there's basically no npc's. I don't know if we could do full on pvp or not. From the sound of it though, you can.

Aerys said:
walsufnir said:
Fusioncode said:
walsufnir said:

There aren't even remotely as many threads for Fable as for The Order.

Tons of negative threads =/= hype

Don't pretend there weren't many posts in these threads who are at least skeptical positive about the order. Especially ps fans seem to be more positive about it but shouldn't be surprising as all fan bases tend to do this. 

And dont pretend most people are not negative about this game, there is no overhype. Nobody wait for a super hit, but a good cinematic experience like Uncharted, QB, TLOU,...  People who wait this game know what to expect and dont care about the suppoed  " flaws" and know there is no reason to expect a good metascore with such not deserved hate.

The game will deliver where we expect it to deliver : Atmosphere, visuals, story, classic but good gameplay. The only thing that could disappoints is the story.

The Order is a tricky one.

Its true to say that since we started getting hands on previews impressions have taken a turn for the worst. Prior to them we got very regular threads about how brilliant and masterful the game looked/would inevitably play.

So I guess it depends on when you measure it.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

It still looks brilliant and masterful. More so than before.

ktay95 said:
AZWification said:

I'd say NMS.. Also, I don't understand why some people keep choosing Zelda...

Well were you around for previous Zelda launches?? Because I wasnt =P

Seriously though Zelda always cops shit and is always insanely hyped. I cant think of a Zelda game that didnt have a bunch of people complaining for one reason or another. Skyward Sword had terrible motion controls, both DS games... yeah, Twilight Princess was bland, unispired and ugly, Wind Waker was to cartoonish and kiddy... and dont forget sailing, Majora's Mask had that terrible 3 Day system and most recently ALBW terrible and fucking stupid rental system... that last one is actually personal complaint.

As you can see Zelda truly is a dividing series that leaves many every game feeling dissapointed.

Ocarina of Time 

If the Zelda U hype levels are like Twilight Princess, then I'll go with that. Because TP was the most overhyped game in the series.

"You only like Ocarina of Time because of Nostalgia. You like wind waker? You baby." - Twilight Princess fans, 2007