By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FACTS vs. FICTION – Volume 1

Nogamez said:

If the dreamcast lasted more than 2years im sure its games would have improved too. Its specs were greater then ps2

Haha, no.

Around the Network
badgenome said:
Nogamez said:

If the dreamcast lasted more than 2years im sure its games would have improved too. Its specs were greater then ps2

Haha, no.

The comparison  was pretty good except for the god awful assessment of the Dc cd vs PS2 dvd .

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Seece said:
TruckOSaurus said:
I'll have to keep an eye on this thread so it doesn't morph into another UNITY.

As for the argument that power does not sell consoles, it's mostly right. Games sell consoles and Sony has proved 3 times over that their consoles offer games for everyone both from first party efforts and from 3rd parties. So unless you have a plausible reason for the PS4 not delivering on the games front, I believe your conclusions are very very wrong.

I don't think anyone wants that, but what we (the posters want) is to discuss how and why using logic and numbers WiiU is gonna be first/overtake PS4/sell 260 million, and what he wants to discuss are these reall weak reasons as to how (or so he thinks) WiiU can win.

The problem with that is as mummel so rightly put it, he counteracts with nonsense that is irrelevent and doesn't actually contribute to proving anything he says correct.

He has a go at people for using (actual) facts, figures, history and logic.

Well I think you'll find that man has never swam into the air and up to saturn so.... the ps4 will have no games!

I really want to read that full comment now but really tis late and think it'll wake me up too much before I head towards sleep... will try to make sense of it tomorrow.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Fusioncode said:

Hey look, a user who disappeared after the UNITY thread was locked and returned right when John Lucas made a new one.

I wonder why...

Was I locked? I didn't know that. I admit I have a weakness for John Lucas and started reading and posting in the forum because of the UNITY thread. I also admit that I love Nintendo but apparently (as can be guessed from my username) my absolute favourite franchise is not from Nintendo but from Capcom: Street Fighter. Besides, in the last generation I played definitely much more with my PS3 than with my Nintendo Wii. I actually prefer mature games, I just still play Nintendo games because they are so good and yes because of nostalgia.

I have a question regarding vgchartz: Why do the platform totals differ from the latest weekly global hardware charts? For example platform totals for Wii are at 101,17 but weekly global charts have them at 100.90 (rounded). Why is that?

I also thought so, but it's weired why the difference is so big. Especiall for the Nintendo Wii, a gap of 270k is much. This is more than a quater mil. for a practically dead console?

Around the Network
badgenome said:
Nogamez said:

Haha, no.

Indeed, PS2 obliterated the Dreamcast in raw power, it's just the Dreamcast was much better balanced and easier to code. The Dreamcast wasn't capable of things such as real time reflections and other GPU tricks the PS2 could do.

The dreamcast games did improve from launch over the course of it's life. Particularly the later G-Rev games look awesome even now. However, the part Nogamez is missing, is the Dreamcast improved massively, to get to the point where it's software looked on part/a bit better than PS2 launch software and combined with being easier to program, developers were able to utilise all of it's power much more quickly than the PS2.

The Dreamcast would never have been able to run games like Gran Turismo 3 or Metal Gear Solid 2 at 60fps and they were early PS2 games.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Fight-the-Streets said:
Fusioncode said:

Hey look, a user who disappeared after the UNITY thread was locked and returned right when John Lucas made a new one.

I wonder why...

Was I locked? I didn't know that. I admit I have a weakness for John Lucas and started reading and posting in the forum because of the UNITY thread.

Of your 30 posts on this account 25 of them are in threads with the OP, there is a 1 year gap in between the 2 threads he has made.  As in, did you actually sit around for 11 months waiting for another thread of his to pop back up before logging into this account? Looks very strange.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Yes true, I didn't posted since then. Videogames are not my only hobby, I actually want to play games more than to discuss them. JL's threads are entertaining which makes me post in it. That's all.

Fight-the-Streets said:

Yes true, I didn't posted since then. Videogames are not my only hobby, I actually want to play games more than to discuss them. JL's threads are entertaining which makes me post in it. That's all.

But... you waited a whole year reading the site for a user to make another thread? Do you know the person IRL? Like it's good to have other hobbies but I'm just interested why one of them is a persons threads 1 year apart. Looks strange.

Ka-pi96 said:
johnlucas said:

FICTION: Becoming everyone’s Second System is a nice consolation prize when you’re unable to become the First System.
FACT: Becoming everyone’s Second System automatically makes you the First System.

Far from everyone has a second system though. Wii U has games that can't be played anywhere else? Yeah... literally every platform does.

How do you think 2006's Wii got those record sales, Ka-pi96?
I can never forget it. All the talk of "Wii60" when it became apparent that Wii would dominate the generation.
They figured that if they couldn't beat 'em, join 'em.
Wii was not everybody's primary system but it was enough of people's secondary system that the 2:1, 3:1, 4:1 ratios tilted everything in Wii's favor.
And a key advantage was having games that literally could not be played anywhere else. NATURAL EXCLUSIVITY.

Every platform does, huh? But how many people buy the platforms based on those games?
Sly Cooper is a PlayStation exclusive. Kinect Sports Rivals is an XBox exclusive.
Knack is a PlayStation exclusive. Fighter Within is an XBox exclusive.
When was the last time you ever heard anybody talking about buying a PS4 or XOne based on these games?

PC has plenty of exclusives but how many people spend the money to modify their systems just to be able to run them?
Is that number enough to rival the sales bases seen on consoles?
Part of the reason Minecraft was such a big phenomenon is because you DIDN'T have to do all that expensive hardware modification just to run it.

I'll clarify for you. COMPELLING Exclusives.
People buy the XBoxes & PlayStations based on the 3RD PARTY games not the 1st Party ones.
If both XBox One & PlayStation 4 no longer had those sports titles, the sales bases would PLUMMET.
At best there are a handful of 1st Party exclusives that push XBox & PlayStation platforms.
And even there it's STILL the 3rd party that sells the most.

I'll use Uncharted for an example. A key PlayStation exclusive.
According to VGChartz data at the time of this writing (January 8, 2015), the highest selling Uncharted was Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception with 6.62 million in sales. Not a bad number at all.
What's the highest selling PS3 game so far?
Grand Theft Auto V with 19.24 million.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II is #2 with 13.28 million. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is #3 with 13.15 million.
Call of Duty: Black Ops is #4 with 12.40 million. Gran Turismo 5 is #5 with 10.55 million.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is #6 with 10.51 million. Grand Theft Auto IV is #7 with 10.31 million.
Call of Duty: Ghosts is #8 with 9.51 million. FIFA Soccer 13 is #9 with 8.13 million.
Battlefield 3 is #10 with 7.07 million.

You don't see Uncharted 3 pop up until #13. In front of it is #11 FIFA Soccer 14 with 6.87 million & #12 FIFA Soccer 12 with 6.62 million.
There are only 3 Sony 1st Party games in PS3's Top 20! And NOT ONE of them ever surpassed the 6 million range!
In PS4's list so far, there is only 1 Sony 1st Party in its Top 10 & that's The Last of Us "Remastered" at #7 with 2.68 million.
The dominators of this Top 10 is a pack of 3rd Party games like Battlefield 4, Assassin's Creed: Unity, FIFA Soccer 14, Call of Duty: Ghosts, Watch Dogs, Destiny, Grand Theft Auto V "Remastered", Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, & in the #1 spot FIFA 15.
They may buy The Last of Us if it's there but they CAME to the PS4 for COD, GTA, & FIFA, among other 3rd party titles.

THE ONLY Microsoft 1st Party that EVER shows up in its Top 10 is Halo! No, I'm sorry. Take that back.
There IS Kinect Adventures, the Wii-inspired game, at the #1 spot with 21.37 million.
But discounting that pack-in, outside of Halo it's ALL 3RD PARTY on the XBox 360.
Call of Duty, Grand Theft Auto, Elder Scrolls, Battlefield, Minecraft, FIFA, Red Dead Redemption, Assassin's Creed.
XBox exclusive Gears of War series shows up at the highest at #16 with Gears of War 2 & its 6.71 million.
But that's more of 3rd party deal from Epic Games. Exclusive but not home grown.

THE ONLY Microsoft 1st Party in XBox One's Top 10 is Forza MotorSport 5, the Gran Turismo killer, at #8 with 1.79 million & a reissue remaster compilation called Halo: The Master Chief Collection at #9 with 1.72 million.
Outside of that it's the usual 3rd party suspects with Call of Duty, Destiny, Assassin's Creed, Grand Theft Auto, Battlefield, FIFA.
Of course Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare is #1 with 3.48 million so far.
Titanfall is an XBox One exclusive at #2 with 2.45 million but that's yet another 3rd party deal from Respawn Entertainment & EA.
Exclusive but not home grown.

Yet each & everytime Nintendo's exclusives top their platforms' lists. And by a GREAT margin at that regularly hitting 10 million, 20 million, & 30 million marks just on one platform.
Nintendo's 1st/2nd Party games are its system sellers. Sony's & Microsoft's 3rd Party games are their system sellers.

And notice how many system-selling games on the XBoxes & PlayStations overlap. Same libraries for the most part.
Notice how these system-selling games on the XBoxes & PlayStations are ALSO the same games seen on the PC.
The exclusive games on the PC are more compelling than the exclusive games on the XBoxes & PlayStations.
Ask any "PC Master Racer". They tend to look down on the 'gimped' wannabe PCs the XBox One & PlayStation 4 while somehow being impressed with what Wii U has to offer.
How many times have I seen people talking about 'PC + Wii U only for me this gen' on comment boards lately?
It's that EXCLUSIVE Advantage Nintendo possesses. That which SEPARATES Console from PC.
To AVOID that Uncanny Valley effect & to create a unique experience in play no one else delivers.
Wii U is so unique that the Gamepad PREVENTS PC from emulating it! Hard to get gameplay videos of Wii U's second screen simultaneous play.

People are BUYING Wii U for its exclusives. People are buying XBox One & PlayStation 4 for its MULTI-PLATS.
XBox One owners have little incentive to buy a PlayStation 4 & PlayStation 4 owners have little incentive to buy an XBox One.
PC-playing owners have little incentive to buy EITHER XBox One OR PlayStation 4.
But ALL THREE have MUCH incentive to buy a Wii U & that will be the key to Wii U's victory in the 8th Generation just like it was for Wii in the 7th.
Second System is the ULTIMATE ADVANTAGE.

Ka-pi96 said:
johnlucas said:

FICTION: It was smart for Microsoft to unbundle Kinect from XBox One to improve sales.
Nintendo should do the same with Wii U & its Gamepad.
FACT: It was stupid for Microsoft to unbundle Kinect from XBox One to improve sales.
Nintendo should never & WILL NEVER do the same with Wii U & its Gamepad.

It was smart for Microsoft to do that. The more choices consumers have the better. Nintendo should absolutely have the gamepad be optional, any future gimmicks they have planned should be optional as well. Trying to force things people don't want on them is just going to make them buy other consoles instead.

Microsoft made a hasty short term move that will trap its console in the long run.
Now it can never do ANYTHING with Kinect or any other outside device because they trained the developers & players to root around the XBox One controller & the XBox One controller ONLY.
And that will limit the variety of gaming they can offer.
They also ruined the trust of their audience with BUYING peripherals like that because they don't believe Microsoft will support it in the long run.
They don't want to be left with a lemon. They don't want to be left with useless plastic.

If you REALLY think Nintendo should make Gamepad optional, you haven't paid one lick of attention to my breakdown of Nintendo's standard-making history.
This is EXACTLY how they work. They MAKE you use their device & give you NO CHOICE until you get used to it.
That is how we got EVERY SINGLE CONTROLLER STANDARD you enjoy today. EVERY SINGLE ONE.
My cousin complained about N64's analog Control Stick. He preferred the Control Pad & refused to touch or learn the Control Stick for YEARS.
Recently he got over his curmudgeon attitude & has learned how to play with analog sticks because they are now STANDARD.
He had NO CHOICE but to give in. XBox & PlayStation followed Nintendo's lead & put Nintendo's standards into their controllers.
Which caused their games to be BUILT around those Nintendo controller standards.

You will be old graybeard man waiting for Nintendo to "unbundle" the Gamepad or ANY OTHER standard they introduce to the industry.
They MADE you use two screens & a touchscreen stylus to play DS. They MADE you use motion controlled Wiimote to play Wii.
They MADE you use that 3D top screen to play 3DS. They MADE you walk around with a closed 3DS in sleep mode to get Streetpasses/Spotpasses & gain those Play Coins.
They MADE you use that analog Control Stick to play Nintendo 64. They MADE you use the L & R shoulders with X & Y to play SNES.
And they MADE you hold that Game & Watch-shaped NES controller in both hands & touch Yokoi's Cross, the plus-sign shaped Control Pad, to play NES.

Rebellious children you WILL do what Dad says!

That is how Nintendo operates. It is a core component of who they are & that will never change.
And because of how Nintendo operates, game design has expanded & evolved in so many wonderful wonderful ways.
That's why they are The Leader of this business. That's why they are The Boss. That's why they'll REMAIN The Boss.
They lead. Others follow. And that's how it's been for the past 3 decades. Not gonna change now.

Nintendo creates a game around their standard that has you learning the standard & immersing it into your being.
Others see this spotlight game & pattern themselves after it to siphon away that new audience Nintendo cultivated.
When that must-have Gamepad (UPad) game comes out, Microsoft won't be able to respond because they have cornered themselves into that pocket.
They won't be able to shoehorn something similar into their design because they have already trained their audience to grasp the XBox One controller so tightly.
Microsoft is dumb & only knows how to outmuscle & one-up whoever they think the leader is.
Sort of like that Simpsons episode with Bill Gates' nerdy goons knocking over stuff on Homer's desk.
They now see PS4 as leader so they try to out-PS4 the PS4. Predictable. And foolish.

Even more than last generation XBox One is redundant to PlayStation 4. They're way too similar.
It's the same thing that happened to the TV market. You're buying brands over actual product.
For a dynamic medium like videogaming this is the Kiss Of Death. Videogaming is ACTIVE not PASSIVE.
It can't stay the same & must always be trying new things.
Yes, Ka-pi96, as much as you may hate it, the RIGHT way to introduce new standards is to FORCE them onto the customer.
ESPECIALLY in this dynamic interactive medium called videogaming.

About that word 'gimmick'...
Well I'll save that for my future volumes.

Ka-pi96 said:
johnlucas said:

FICTION: Nintendo should go back to making traditional controllers.
FACT: The “traditional controller” is Nintendo’s tradition.

Don't really know what to say about this.... ya know, since the Wii U is compatible with the pro controller, Wiimotes and the gamepad. So yeah, they make all types. There isn't really much they should change here, other than giving consumers more choice over which they'd prefer as I said above.

I think you missed the point of this Fact.
I'm saying when people go on & on about "traditional controllers", they are forgetting that the tradition they're talking about comes from Nintendo altogether.
Every controller design they want Nintendo to return to is Nintendo's design ANYWAY.

It's part of that propaganda that has been going on for decades in this industry.
The propaganda that tries to remove Nintendo from history & tries to push them out of the present & future.

Nobody plays with Atari's standards anymore or Intellivision's standards.
They ALL play with different variations of Nintendo's standards.
Ouya's controller, Gamestick's controller, Logitech's controllers, Gamepop's controller, Nvidia Shield's controller, Nexus Player's controller, MOJO's controller, much less PlayStation's controllers & XBox's controllers.

They say "Traditional" just so they don't have to say "Nintendo's".
They say "Directional Pad" or "D-Pad" just so they don't have to say "Control Pad".
They say "Analog Stick" just so they don't have to say "Control Stick".
They say "Force Feedback" just so they don't have to say "Rumble".
It's a backhanded way of acknowledging Nintendo's influence without giving Nintendo the glory.

There is NO SUCH THING as Nintendo "going back" to "traditional controllers".
Nintendo is only EVOLVING & EXTRAPOLATING from their original tradition in the first place.
Every Nintendo controller is based out of the NES & every Nintendo controller is built off of each & every NES controller evolution SINCE then.
And they will ALWAYS change & evolve & extrapolate from their tradition in days to come.
For that is their ULTIMATE tradition: To Change The Game.

Ka-pi96 said:
johnlucas said:

FICTION: The Japanese market is irrelevant to the videogame industry.
FACT: Japan is the CAPITAL of the videogame industry.

To those who dispute that Nintendo’s the ruler of consoles, take a quick look at the best-selling games of all time & see who rules that list.

That's just wrong in so many ways. For starters Sony have the best selling consoles of all time and clearly to be the ruler of consoles you'd need to sell ya know actual consoles not just software. Then there is also the fact that what they've done in the past means jack shit right now. The industry as it is NOW is what matters. Nintendo may have had the best selling software in the past, but that is HAD, not has right now. Although I do agree that Japan isn't irrelevant.... yet.

Um, I don't think you understand how this industry works.
Sony may have THE SINGLE best-selling console of all time but they DO NOT have the best-selling CONSOLES of all time altogether.
Out of the Top 5 of All Time, 3 of those consoles are Nintendo's: Nintendo DS, Nintendo Game Boy, Nintendo Wii. A clear majority.
Out of the Top 10 of All Time, 5 of those consoles are Nintendo's: Nintendo DS, Nintendo Game Boy, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo Game Boy Advance, Nintendo Entertainment System. And that 5 is the majority of all console makers' representation on that list.

You DO NOT want to compare Nintendo's software sales list to Sony's software sales list because EVEN WITH ALL THE 3RD PARTY SUPPORT IN THE WORLD Sony STILL cannot overcome Nintendo's 4.173 billion console games sold only mustering under 3.918 billion.

But that's just sales & I'm not gonna rehash the best-selling games & franchises of all time list (dominated ENTIRELY by Nintendo by the way).
Another way to show who the leader of consoles is by showing INFLUENCE & I think I covered some of this in paragraphs above with Nintendo's controllers.
It's not just controller influence & console design influence but it's also GAME DESIGN influence.
I could just call out Donkey Kong, Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Star Fox, Super Mario 64, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Super Smash Bros., Metroid Prime, WarioWare Inc., Nintendogs, Brain Age, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Wii Fit as a handful of examples of games that TOTALLY OVERHAULED how other designers made their games.
Not just to copycat & cash in but to make them entirely rethink how to go about making games & to add features found in these Nintendo games to theirs.
To do this in genres UNRELATED to the genre the Nintendo game was made in.
No other company has as many game design influences than Nintendo. NO ONE.

And like I said in that section, NO OTHER CONSOLE MAKER has EVER been able to have TWO VIABLE PLATFORMS—home console & handheld console—running at the same time.
Keep in mind I said VIABLE.
Atari tried with Lynx & 7800. Sega tried with Game Gear & Mega Drive/Genesis later Nomad & Saturn.
NEC tried with PC Engine GT/TurboExpress & PC Engine/TurboGrafx-16. SNK tried with NeoGeo Pocket & NeoGeo.
Sony tried & is STILL trying with PlayStation Portable & PlayStation 3 now PlayStation Vita & PlayStation 4.

NOT ONE of these companies has ever been able to truly run both home console & handheld console in the marketplace.
Nintendo has not only had TWO viable platforms running at the same time but has been able to do it REPEATEDLY!
Game & Watch & Famicom/NES. Game Boy & Super Famicom/SNES. Game Boy Color & Nintendo 64.
Game Boy Advance & Gamecube. DS & Wii. 3DS & Wii U.

Sony will not try for a 3rd time. They're done with handhelds after the failure of the Vita.
Nintendo's handhelds are strong enough to go up against the all-in-one PCs known as smartphones & tablets.
And STILL they have power enough to run a home console business at the same time & supply it with killer games.
That's another way you can know who's the boss.

And ultimately since this is the videogame BUSINESS, another way to see who's the boss is by checking the financials.
Nintendo vs. Sony Computer Entertainment vs. Microsoft XBox section of Devices and Studios Group.
Nintendo is nothing but a gaming company.
Sony & Microsoft use OTHER divisions in their corporate portfolio to cover what their gaming divisions don't bring in.
And STILL Sony & Microsoft have losses in their gaming divisions despite all their gaming revenues.

Sony's so bad that the entire company is flirting with bankruptcy much less Sony Computer Entertainment.
Sony's so bad that the ENTIRE SONY CORPORATION is valued LESS than a mere playing card/toy/game company named Nintendo.
Not JUST Sony's gaming division but ALL of Sony—Music, Movies, Tech, & all.
It's so bad that PlayStation fans actually want Sony to become nothing more than a gaming company to survive.
Failing to realize that the only reason Sony can afford to have that gaming division is because of its other branches in the portfolio.
These guys had to sell headquarters & valuable buildings just to be able to fund the PS4.
And foolishly their CEO is pinning the entire company's future ON that PS4—in a highly volatile market known as videogaming.

Microsoft is rich beyond words due to Windows running the businesses & industries of the world.
They can afford the everlasting losses in their XBox game division so long as the shareholders let them.
But NOT ONCE has the XBox made Microsoft any money. NOT ONCE in 14 years.
Revenues mean nothing without profit. You might as well be giving your stuff away if you're gonna do that.
Zero's better than Minus. Why spend $2 billion to sell $1 billion when I can spend $0 to sell $0?

Sony & Microsoft do not consistently or EVER profit from their gaming divisions. Nintendo DOES.
Nintendo's recent losses are so newsworthy because they're so RARE! Hahahahahaha!
Another way to show who's the leader is by showing who can run the best gaming BUSINESS.
Who can run the tightest ship. The answer to all of these items is Nintendo.

And thus since Nintendo is the leader, where Nintendo is located will always matter.
Japan is Nintendo's home base & because of that Japan will ALWAYS matter.
The other Japanese entities only REINFORCE this. Peel the onion to the core layer & you will find The N.
If you think Nintendo is Past Tense ("HAD" you say), prepare for your rude awakening as The Boss barks orders.
You're not gonna like the results of Nintendo's Quarter 3 fiscal report ESPECIALLY in comparison to Sony's.

Ka-pi96 says: "...Japan isn't irrelevant.... yet."

Correction: Japan isn't irrelevant EVER.

Ka-pi96 said:

johnlucas said:

FICTION:  PlayStation 4 will win the console wars.
FACT: The strongest console NEVER wins.

That fact should be 'has never won YET'.
Things change and there is a first time for everything...

Like I told Torillian earlier, if the most powerful platform mattered, there would BE no console.
It would all be the PC.
The PC market doesn't have the force of the console market & it has been that way for 30 years thanks to you-know-who (Nintendo).

You may want to hang on to that hope & I feel bad for intruding on that hope but this will never change.
It's not about power. It just isn't.
No fixed platform like a videogame console SHOULD EVER purport itself to be the Cutting Edge of tech.
That's not what consoles are designed for. They're fixed in time to be "Good Enough" for a multi-year span.
That INSURES that they cannot be cutting edge which is the PC's advantage.
However that fixed nature gives consoles the advantage of stable standards to develop from & ease-of-use.
Something PC's lack & will ALWAYS lack due to their Cutting Edge nature.

It's physics, Ka-pi96.

BECAUSE consoles ARE NOT cutting edge in tech, people are FINE with the "Good Enough" in tech SO LONG as the consoles stay Cutting Edge in GAMEMAKING. That's the cutting edge they're looking for.
Vibrant diverse interesting unique fun engaging infectious joyful GAMES.
When the games get stale they have no reason to care about a console because it's not the cutting edge in tech EITHER.
Crytek found this out with Ryse: Son of Rome & all its technological prowess.

"The time when horsepower alone made an important difference is over." — Satoru Iwata, E3 2004.
A Quantity of games won't save you against a QUALITY of games.
Tech power is moot & was proven moot in the 7th generation.
The 3rd Parties are not going to be able to get away with their schemes the longer this generation goes on.
And since, like I proved before, PlayStations & XBoxes are built by their 3rd parties, when 3rds go down, they go down.
You're not going to be able to defeat the Game Awards' 2014 Developer of the Year in the 8th Generation.
This generation will separate the wheat from the chaff. The gamemakers from the pretenders.

XBox wants to play this old tug-of-war game with PlayStation & they have the muscle to pull with, sad for Sony.
However, all of that tugging is moot. They didn't capture Japan & Japan is the Capital of Videogaming.
When they finally outmuscle Sony, they'll look up & find The Boss casually looking on with a smirk upon his face.

I will elaborate more on this event in Volume 2 but between Wii U & XOne, PS4 doesn't have a chance in HELL of winning this generation.
The power edge didn't save it from XOne catching up & outselling it in ITS home base America.
The power edge isn't helping it overcome the still-weak Wii U in ITS home base Japan.
The hype is wearing off. Now you gotta deliver THE GAMES.
Based on how 2014 went, I wouldn't hold that hope of PS4 delivering on that promise.

Once again in Generation 8, you will see my maxim proven right.
The Most Powerful Console NEVER Wins.

John Lucas

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!