By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom deserve a shot at a zelda for home console

Tagged games:

Capcom can make a good zelda for nintendo home consoles?

Yes 33 37.08%

No 56 62.92%

Total:89

crazy i really liked those GBC games and they are the same ones who made the DS and Skyward Sword games, my least favorite in the series? Interesting.

Around the Network
vivster said:

Any good developer can make any game with the right guidelines.

I'd love to see Capcom make a 3D Zelda game in the WW art style after Zelda U. Minish Cap was, until recently, my favorite 2D Zelda, so I'm very down for that kind of experience on a console.

personally I would be nervous if Capcom handled Zelda especially when it comes to DLC where they strip content to force us to pay for stuff that should of been included.

It's what they have done with other games they have produced.

Gameplay wise sure. I think art, style and tone will need help from nintendo's teams.

But now that you've bought it up, collaborating with Capcom will be an amazing way to bring a realistic Zelda to life in a timely fashion for the next Nintendo system. Ninetndo should get on it right away, an evolution of the style from OOT similar character stylings (pointy noses, big eyes, subtly exaggerated features) but very realistic rendering. I think it would be amazing and slightly creepy.

Nintendo could have it ready for their next consoles first year.

Around the Network
PowerOfSoren said:
personally I would be nervous if Capcom handled Zelda especially when it comes to DLC where they strip content to force us to pay for stuff that should of been included.

It's what they have done with other games they have produced.

They would never have full control over it so I don't thinl DLC etc will get pass Zelda.

Mr Khan said:
Specifically, i don't think Flagship exists anymore, and i'm pretty sure it was Flagship who built them.

This, and based off the previous comments in the thread, it appears that Nintendo was impressed enough that they hired most of the talent that worked on those games anyway.

So, no current Capcom does not deserve a shot at a Zelda game for a home console... unless it was a weird Legend of Zelda meets Monster Hunter gameplay crossover game.

I don't see why there's so many no's. I mean, Capcom couldn't make another Ocarina of Time, but if they used combat elements from DMC, added some dark stuff in there like Resident Evil, and maybe even make a great online. I say they could, but it would take time and money to do so.

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

I understand some of you concerns, but looking at hyrule warriors, i would gladly trade that for a zelda made by capcom. But i didn't knew that the team was gone now. Hmmm.

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

Of course Capcom could make a proper Zalda game. The only thing neccessary would be the "order" to not change the gameplay too much (best would be to not change it at all). Another thing would be to make it look like its a game developed by Nintendo and most of the fans won´t notice any difference.
Now do I want Capcom to make a Zelda game? Nah! They should concentrate on their own stuff and hopefully return to glory^^

Yup...RO friggin rocked