By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom deserve a shot at a zelda for home console

Tagged games:

Capcom can make a good zelda for nintendo home consoles?

Yes 33 37.08%

No 56 62.92%

Total:89

Capcom is much different now. They can't even be trusted with their own franchises, let alone Nintendo's.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network

Capcom of 10 - 15 years ago maybe.

A good chunk of the "Capcom Zelda Team" works at Nintendo now anyway, I believe the director of one of the Capcom Zelda games directed Skyward Sword.

KLXVER said:
vivster said:

That wasn't meant to diminish Nintendo's achievements but to attack the silly notion that only one developer on this earth can make a specific game.

Any developer can make any game with the right guidelines.

Thats not true at all. Many developers have tried to do that and failed. Not every developer has the exact same skills and imagination.

Well I edited to any "good" developer. There are lots of devs out there with imagination. I bet there are a ton of indie developers that could whip you up a great 2d Zelda any day of the week. They might even bring clever new ideas into it. I'm pretty sure even Miyamoto would agree with that statement.

I would love if we had more cross developing in this industry to see franchises and their interpretation by different devs.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
KLXVER said:
vivster said:

That wasn't meant to diminish Nintendo's achievements but to attack the silly notion that only one developer on this earth can make a specific game.

Thats not true at all. Many developers have tried to do that and failed. Not every developer has the exact same skills and imagination.

Well I edited to any "good" developer. There are lots of devs out there with imagination. I bet there are a ton of indie developers that could whip you up a great 2d Zelda any day of the week. They might even bring clever new ideas into it. I'm pretty sure even Miyamoto would agree with that statement.

I would love if we had more cross developing in this industry to see franchises and their interpretation by different devs.

We have. Its called the Sonic franchise...

I would love for Nintendo to give them a shot at least! If not on the Wii U then do another handheld because Minish Cap and the Oracle games are some of the best the series has to offer.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
vivster said:
KLXVER said:
vivster said:

We have. Its called the Sonic franchise...

And still haven't had a Sonic by Naughty Dog or Platinum.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

KyleeStrutt said:
Capcom of 10 - 15 years ago maybe.

A good chunk of the "Capcom Zelda Team" works at Nintendo now anyway, I believe the director of one of the Capcom Zelda games directed Skyward Sword.

Wow this was news to me, thanks for sharing. I had no idea that they went to Nintendo later on. A bit of a shame though since I thought that Capcom did make a few good Zelda games back then.

On Topic: I also think that a lot of developers could make decent, good or even great Zelda games, especially if they co-operate closely with Nintendo and don't make the series too different. Basically if they stick to making it a Zelda and put a lot of effort into it.

vivster said:

The guys who made Sonic Boom are former Naughty Dog employees, so yes we have...

KLXVER said:
vivster said:

The guys who made Sonic Boom are former Naughty Dog employess, so yes we have...

I guess we know now why they're former employees.

vivster said:
KLXVER said:
vivster said:

The guys who made Sonic Boom are former Naughty Dog employess, so yes we have...

I guess we know now why they're former employees.

Well if you want to educate me on the bad Naughty Dog games, then be my guest...