By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I just use the cables that came in the PS3 box, but most of the time the text is fine (then again I lie a few feet in front of the 30" TV
It improves the PSN store a bit cause all the stuff on the right is gone

Around the Network

If you don't have a HDTV, I recommend hooking your 360 up to a monitor. You'll need to buy the VGA cable to do this.

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

I never saw a SD TV have component connection. Do anyone here have a SD TV with component?

I would think any game running in 720p or greater (PS3 or 360) would have to be downscale to run on SD TV. This results of making text harder to read. 

I hope your not considering wasting money of a 360 so you have easier to read text, that just sets you back farther from your Glorious 42" 1080p HDTV!

Smidlee said:

I never saw a SD TV have component connection. Do anyone here have a SD TV with component?

I would think any game running in 720p or greater (PS3 or 360) would have to be downscale to run on SD TV. This results of making text harder to read.

Yes, my Sony Trinitron is a SDTV with component.  

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network

Difficult reading text? I played in a 29 and in a 21 inches SDTVs before getting my HDTV, and the text was absolutely fine

Flow -"The important is to pwn other ppl"

Smidlee said:

High end TV's have had component longer then you have been alive (unless you are over 50) :)

my sd tv had a component connection. and if you want to go really far back my vcr from 1981 had rca multi rca actually.

back to component ... it did not make a difference as to which type of connection i used test was hard to read, until i got an hd tv, just before that i got an hd monitor, also worked well, but was a pain to find the proper connection cables, i borrowed some till i got the hd tv.

to qualify this, the tv i had was a sony trinitron 24inch flat wega edtv, the worst tv i ever owned... right now i have a surprisingly good philips 1080p lcd 47 inch with perfect pixel... (if you look for this tv get the one with 3 hdmi ports not 2, big difference in quality but not in price) I was originally out to get a samsung 46 inch at 720p. since most broadcast hd and games are native 720... they were sold out and no rain checks on the discount when i went to get it....the philips ended up being cheaper, and better looking.

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Smidlee said:

I've had two SD TVs with component connections.  And you're correct about the downscaling... unavoidable.