By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360 Arcade/Core Hate

madskillz said:
Dno said:
DMeisterJ is right...
you did take a few stabs at the ps3 madskillz

Also it is a known fact that buying the core is stupid. Once you buy it you get a harddrive. theres at most 10% of people still out there with out a Hardrive for 360. gaming needs a HD now we all know it.

Also microsoft is telling devs not to make games big (Street fighter HD anyone) or require a Harddrive because not everyone has one. thus making the games load longer... not he best option for someone like me with an elite..... Thats why i have my affordable playstation and with a 250 gig HD. its STILL very close to the elite price and it comes with the new standard for DVDs (which it will be soon) Blu-ray.

There's no need to ever buy a hard drive unless you want to play Xbox games or get downloadable content. And for a used one checking in at $199, you can still play Halo 3, Gears, Bioshock and Mass Effect.

The hard drive is nice to have, but it won't stop you from playing 360 games one bit. It's a choice - and I happen to like choices. 

point is you cannot play everything with the core..... not HD movies, no DLC, Not burnout online and crackdown, and lots of other things. At least with the ps3 20,40,60 and 80, you can do all the things other ps3 owners can do. (ps2 games of course i no but i didnt add that on the xbox core list either)

Around the Network

@dmeister
"I only do that to you, because you, like others on this site, have such a hate for all things Sony, and I just do not understand it. If you don't like something, then don't like it. But don't bring it up in each and every one of your posts, like you, and the others like you do. Instead of taking subliminal shots at SOny, stay on subject."

Aren't you being a hyprocite here? I swear your literally the biggest SONY fanboy on this site. Any thread I make about MS which may or may not relate to SONY your the first to knock it. Of course you hide behind your well I have a 360 so I can't be a fanboy but quite honestly I seem you as a SONY fanboy my first time being on these forums and hasn't changed one bit. I honestly don't mind at all since your entitled to your opinion etc but it is really dumb. If there was an ignore feature on these forums you would be the first one on it since I swear I know everything you going to say before you say it. It is usually a waste to read your post but I will always respond if you kindly respond to me and is not a troll.

Domo-Kun said:
I'm thinking about picking up a 360 Arcade and opting for the cheap HD.

I've been a Sony fanboy from the get-go, but I'm thinking about checking out 360 for XBL.

Anyways, my point is, I think it's cheaper to grab the 360 Arcade with a 20 GB HD then putting down the 350 for the SKU with the 20 GB HD.

thats what most ppl think of doing right? well here r the lincs to the product...

XBOX Pro = $350 (comes with a hard drive)

XBOX Arcade = $299 + $60 (USED 20GB hard drive from EB) = $360 (and apperantly comes with $10 worth of games)

ure not winning eather way, its just marketing, i work at a n ad agentcy this is nothing new

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=900631

Dno said:
madskillz said:
Dno said:
DMeisterJ is right...

Also it is a known fact that buying the core is stupid. Once you buy it you get a harddrive. theres at most 10% of people still out there with out a Hardrive for 360. gaming needs a HD now we all know it.

Also microsoft is telling devs not to make games big (Street fighter HD anyone) or require a Harddrive because not everyone has one. thus making the games load longer... not he best option for someone like me with an elite..... Thats why i have my affordable playstation and with a 250 gig HD. its STILL very close to the elite price and it comes with the new standard for DVDs (which it will be soon) Blu-ray.

There's no need to ever buy a hard drive unless you want to play Xbox games or get downloadable content. And for a used one checking in at $199, you can still play Halo 3, Gears, Bioshock and Mass Effect.

The hard drive is nice to have, but it won't stop you from playing 360 games one bit. It's a choice - and I happen to like choices. 

point is you cannot play everything with the core..... not HD movies, no DLC, Not burnout online and crackdown, and lots of other things. At least with the ps3 20,40,60 and 80, you can do all the things other ps3 owners can do. (ps2 games of course i no but i didnt add that on the xbox core list either)

To use play dmeister make up numbers game you can play roughtly 95% of 360 games with the Arcade/core.  Only game that requires it is the FF MMO and the rest is optional for extra things but playable so that is the 5%.

elnino334 said:
@dmeister
"I only do that to you, because you, like others on this site, have such a hate for all things Sony, and I just do not understand it. If you don't like something, then don't like it. But don't bring it up in each and every one of your posts, like you, and the others like you do. Instead of taking subliminal shots at SOny, stay on subject."

Aren't you being a hyprocite here? I swear your literally the biggest SONY fanboy on this site. Any thread I make about MS which may or may not relate to SONY your the first to knock it. Of course you hide behind your well I have a 360 so I can't be a fanboy but quite honestly I seem you as a SONY fanboy my first time being on these forums and hasn't changed one bit. I honestly don't mind at all since your entitled to your opinion etc but it is really dumb. If there was an ignore feature on these forums you would be the first one on it since I swear I know everything you going to say before you say it. It is usually a waste to read your post but I will always respond if you kindly respond to me and is not a troll.

Thank you, I'm glad I'd be ignored. 

In actuality, again, you are incorrect.  I don't hate on 360 with every post.  I have, and will continue, to congratulate Microsoft on doing well, when they do.  What madskillz and others do are bring the PS3 into every argument, which I was pointing out when I said that.  Look at his first post.  He takes subliminal jabs at Sony, when you're post was talking about 360 and didn't even mention Sony.  And my post had no jabs to Microsoft, but to PR in general. 

Around the Network
antfromtashkent said:
Domo-Kun said:
I'm thinking about picking up a 360 Arcade and opting for the cheap HD.

I've been a Sony fanboy from the get-go, but I'm thinking about checking out 360 for XBL.

Anyways, my point is, I think it's cheaper to grab the 360 Arcade with a 20 GB HD then putting down the 350 for the SKU with the 20 GB HD.

thats what most ppl think of doing right? well here r the lincs to the product...

XBOX Pro = $350 (comes with a hard drive)

XBOX Arcade = $299 + $60 (USED 20GB hard drive from EB) = $360 (and apperantly comes with $10 worth of games)

ure not winning eather way, its just marketing, i work at a n ad agentcy this is nothing new

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=900631

Xbox Arcade=$279 

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=7934350 

We'll miss you George.

PSN:Puzzleface

XBL:XpuzzlefaceX

My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce

The only reason I hate the Core is because it is sheer trickery.  That's right, its only practical purpose was to deceive people into walking into a store thinking they could get a 360 for $300 and be OK to game.  In fact, they also had to purchase a memory card or HDD.  (Disclaimer: the following info was the case at launch.  Obviously it's different now.)  If they bought the HDD, they might as well have simply bought a Premium -- that one comes with a wireless controller!  If they bought the memory card, the cheapest option was $40 for 64MB.  The poor suckers who went that route could barely use XBLA without running out of space, and forget about demos.

Today it's not quite as bad, with an included 256MB card and 5 free games.  And if the Arcade buyer decides to get an HDD after all, he only pays $30 more than he would have paid to buy the Premium in the first place, and he still got the 5 games and 256MB card.  Of course, with $30 you'd probably get much better games than the Arcade provides.  But the Core was one of two things:  (1) a ripoff -- only $60 cheaper (assuming you like to be able to save your progress in games) and almost no room for DLC (or even saved content like game videos etc. that a lot of games do) -- I called it "crippled" and I stand by that assessment; or (2) completely pointless if you bought an HDD -- basically you just bought a Premium with a different color scheme and a wired controller.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

By the way for those that did not read what I wrote and are just going based on the responces I did mention that the Arcade/Core is not a good value compared to the Pro/Elite. Would make discussion much better if actually reading the OP :). My main points are:

- Is cheaper if you just want a gaming console

-Should not be used as an excuse by devs since it is not a mandate by MS and the sales are low enough it shouldn't affect sales as much

-It is a nice system for a certain demographic

-I also wanted all 360's to have a hard drive but is not as bad as percieved

At least you're provided with a memory card for game saves.

Anyways, the arcade system is nice because it offers a 360 at a Wii price, and you canj always go out and get the HD later if you don't have 400 bucks to lay down all at once. 

We'll miss you George.

PSN:Puzzleface

XBL:XpuzzlefaceX

My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce

elnino334 said:
Dno said:
madskillz said:
Dno said:
DMeisterJ is right...

To use play dmeister make up numbers game you can play roughtly 95% of 360 games with the Arcade/core.  Only game that requires it is the FF MMO and the rest is optional for extra things but playable so that is the 5%.

right and it just so happens i own those 5% of games ff11 (i play mab to often) burnout (but on ps3) and crackdown. if i bought the core id be pissed. so to answer this thread the core does suck for MOST people and thats why everyone hates on it. its a trick, u get the system for cheap but u need 5 things to play things that microsoft promised...its bullshit and thats why i (and others as u can see) hate on it.