By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360 Arcade/Core Hate

Ail said:
The Arcade is just a way to force players to delay some of their costs.
People buy Arcade thinking it's cheaper and then realize later they have to buy a HD if they want to enjoy any of the games DLC ( GTA4 anyone ?).

You can call it layaway  LOL but yeah as I mentioned you do need the hard drive to take advantage of downloadable content but remember without any downloadable content you can enjoy 100+ hours of GTA4 with many other games having a great experience without needing downloadable or online play.

Around the Network

The reason I personally don't like the Arcade is because I don't have a clue as to what the hell is going on in that box, and neither does a large portion of the gaming community >_>;; but I have no clue what this model comes with)

Elite (120g Hard drive, HDMI port)

Arcade (again I have no clue anymore :/ I've heard so many things about this model it's not even funny)

I could select from 5 different models of Xbox 360, and one of those models was a grab-bag of HDMI, (yes I understand it says on the box, but the fact that I can pay the same price and get one without kinda blows)

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

elnino334 said:
DMeisterJ said:
elnino334 said:
DMeisterJ said:
Ugh. I hate PR Spin.

LOL How about you try to spin the other way around? Oh yeah you rather troll since it is easier to ignore then discuss :)

Well, I'd have to say that at least ninety percent of 360 owners disagree with the OP, as we all know, the arcade sells like crap.  No one buys them.  They were the only one left during the "shortages", and even during the shortages, people were opting not to buy them, rather than buy the Pro/Elite.  I don't see how there's any good way that you could spin that.  But I was trolling, I deserved that.

Where did you get the 90%?  I asked my friends and they don't seem to mind the Arcade/Core.  Hell two of them bought it though since have upgraded to a hard drive.  Are you just basically saying 90% of Premium/Elite owners hate the Arcade/Core?  Not saying your wrong since I personally don't have a huge sample but based on my experience is not 90% with most people not even caring.  Of course making up such a high number would make your argument seem much better especially for fanboys.  By the ay I prefer my thread to jsut die before it gets bumped with troll post so unless you would like to share more please keep it at a minimun :)

My bro works at Best Buy, and says that they rarely ever sell Arcades.  He couldn't give me an exact number, but he says that out of every 100 360s they sell, probably only ten of them are Arcades.  He's a manager of the games department.

DMeisterJ said:
elnino334 said:
DMeisterJ said:
^ People are so clueless.

Care to elaborate or just going to troll everyone that responds to my opinion?

I called him clueless, because of the way he takes subliminal jabs at the PS3 (Wi-fi, card readers), when the you can get te 40 GB PS3, and pay less of a premium than getting the Elite XBOX 360. And you get a Blu-Ray player, but I'm not getting into another argument about Blu-Ray again.

Pot = kettle?

Look, the PS3 is a good machine, but it's not worth the price of admission. Seriously. And though I own one, guess what? If my 360 goes and MS won't repair it, I will just buy an Arcade which is what I want anyhow.

I am trying to figure out since I wanted BC why would I go out and buy a 40gb PS3 anyhow. I was firm about saying I'd only pay $$$$ for a PS3 with BC, and really just wanted a 20gb or 60gb. And it's a known fact that wifi isn't as reliable as a wired connection anyhow. With my Wii, I have wifi, but would prefer a wired connection.

The rest of that stuff listed IS unnecessary for gaming. Usually, I would look past your ignorant, biased rant, but this time, I decided to respond. All I have to do is see who's posting (In your case, DMeister J) and realize you are gonna launch a paltry attempt at dissing me or the like. Before you defend the PS3, why don't you GET ONE FIRST?

Imminent phailure ... 

Interesting read. I think the problem that the Arcade faces is that most 360 buyers are of a more traditional sense. In other words, they're mostly hardcore, so they sort of like having the DLC, dislike memory cards, need the wireless controllers (or does the arcade come with wireless ones now?), etc. So the upgrade to pro is absolutely necessary for them. So the real problem is that the 360 doesn't attract enough mainstream users who would like the cheaper price, and wouldn't mind not getting a HDD and probably don't care about online as much, so they don't care about DLC. So Microsoft's doing the right thing by having a cheaper SKU, but they're not attracting the right users to justify it.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
elnino334 said:
DMeisterJ said:
elnino334 said:
DMeisterJ said:
Ugh. I hate PR Spin.

LOL How about you try to spin the other way around? Oh yeah you rather troll since it is easier to ignore then discuss :)

Well, I'd have to say that at least ninety percent of 360 owners disagree with the OP, as we all know, the arcade sells like crap.  No one buys them.  They were the only one left during the "shortages", and even during the shortages, people were opting not to buy them, rather than buy the Pro/Elite.  I don't see how there's any good way that you could spin that.  But I was trolling, I deserved that.

Where did you get the 90%?  I asked my friends and they don't seem to mind the Arcade/Core.  Hell two of them bought it though since have upgraded to a hard drive.  Are you just basically saying 90% of Premium/Elite owners hate the Arcade/Core?  Not saying your wrong since I personally don't have a huge sample but based on my experience is not 90% with most people not even caring.  Of course making up such a high number would make your argument seem much better especially for fanboys.  By the ay I prefer my thread to jsut die before it gets bumped with troll post so unless you would like to share more please keep it at a minimun :)

My bro works at Best Buy, and says that they rarely ever sell Arcades.  He couldn't give me an exact number, but he says that out of every 100 360s they sell, probably only ten of them are Arcades.  He's a manager of the games department.

For which I mentioned the sales are fairly low so a dev shouldn't have to worry about making their games have to be compatible with Arcade.  As I again mentioned the Pro/Elite are by far the best sellers as they offer the best value.  All I am saying is the Arcade is not as bad as people claim and fits nicely for a certain population.  Also if I recall gamespot had said previously that the Arcade was selling well and MS said it had beaten their expectations of course you would more than likely disregard anything said by MS but gamespot is an independent retail chain.

or does the arcade come with wireless ones now?

Arcade does come with a wireless controller and I agree with the OP. Infact i'm considering getting an arcade after the next pricedrop. The lack of a HD isn't a big deal personally for me as i've never been big into DLC or microtransactions. Heck i'm not even interested in getting GTAIV or RB.

The Core is a good console. If anything happens to my XBox 360 I have had my Pro 20GB XBox 360 for almost 2 years. I have never had a RROD with my console. There is a 16% failure rate on XBox 360 consoles. Its good to know that a replacement XBox 360 is cheap.

ChronotriggerJM said:
The reason I personally don't like the Arcade is because I don't have a clue as to what the hell is going on in that box, and neither does a large portion of the gaming community ><, Microsoft has entirely too many Different Sku's on the market at one time and it seemed like the worst time to introduce another, yet they did it anyway. Which ones have HDMI? Which have Hard drives? Which plays Xbox Games? And the cost is all over the place for all the different models. It's just entirely too confusing :/

(don't mean to reference Sony in a MS thread but...) At least with Sony when they add another model, they drop one. It started out with 2 models, the 60 and 20g. Which both had hard drives, hdmi, and played PS2 games. They ended up dropping the 20 and sold the 60 and 80 (still 2 on the market), one had full BC the other had limited, then they discontinued the 60, and sold the 80 and 40 (still 2 on the market).

I LITERALLY walked into my Best Buy yesterday to look at PS3 games, and I realized, I can purchase a 360 in the following Variety...

Core (no hard drive, no hdmi I think)

Premium (20g Hard drive, SOME have HDMI ports, some don't :/ )

Halo (these are limited time and they will be selling out I think >_>;; but I have no clue what this model comes with)

Elite (120g Hard drive, HDMI port)

Arcade (again I have no clue anymore :/ I've heard so many things about this model it's not even funny)

I could select from 5 different models of Xbox 360, and one of those models was a grab-bag of HDMI, (yes I understand it says on the box, but the fact that I can pay the same price and get one without kinda blows)

You’re exaggerating so I won’t go into detail.  Basically the core is no more and only reason I brought it up is because it was once available but should not longer be unless sold used.  As for the rest I think if you know how to read you should be able to walk into a store and buy what you want without much trouble.  Ask a sales person if your are confuse.

elnino334 said:
DMeisterJ said:
elnino334 said:
DMeisterJ said:
Ugh. I hate PR Spin.

Where did you get the 90%?  I asked my friends and they don't seem to mind the Arcade/Core.  Hell two of them bought it though since have upgraded to a hard drive.  Are you just basically saying 90% of Premium/Elite owners hate the Arcade/Core?  Not saying your wrong since I personally don't have a huge sample but based on my experience is not 90% with most people not even caring.  Of course making up such a high number would make your argument seem much better especially for fanboys.  By the way I prefer my thread to just die before it gets bumped with troll post so unless you would like to share more please keep it at a minimun :)

well i think that $60 for a used 20GB HD is a bit overkill:

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=900631

since u can get this insted.......... am i the only one that thinks that? i mean really? 20gb? what r we in the 90s?

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/SimpleTech-80GB-Portable-External-Hard-Drive-SPU2580W/sem/rpsm/oid/172688/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do