By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should Nintendo return to the game boy brand?Poll inside!

Should Nintendo revive game boy?

No it had it's time in the sun 87 30.85%

The brand is not popular nowadays 28 9.93%

Yes,what took them so long?! 86 30.50%

I never liked the game boy handhelds 3 1.06%

Where's my new game gear Sega?! 9 3.19%

The ds line still has potential in it 40 14.18%

Mobile games have already won 7 2.48%

I don't care about handheld games anymore 8 2.84%

They should co exist with the ds handhelds 14 4.96%

Total:282

Most of us grew up as gamers.And i bet that our first or one of our first experiences was in a black and white screen of a gameboy.There's the color and advance generations too that were truly great systems that made the handheld market what it is today.So many memories and a big crowd of people that have become gamers thanks to these little consoles.The ds line was pretty inovative too with the first one really grabbing everyone's attention and 3ds having one of the best libraries a dedicated handheld ever had.In the last few years though we see that it's losing popularity due to many reasons,some of them being the too many models,the market saturation,the prize of the games compared to mobile,the rise of mobile games and etc.So do you believe that if Nintendo revives the game boy brand we could see a turnaround for the dedicated handheld systems?Is the game boy brand relative anymore?Is there still tiime for this market or it's really mobile games all the way from now on?In what way could they release a new game boy system for it to be successful?

Around the Network

Sure!

Yes! This is the brand most casuals would know Nintendo by.

They'd probably call it "Gameperson" nowdays.Thats where the world is.

XanderXT said:
Yes! This is the brand most casuals would know Nintendo by.

That's a reality for sure.Most people i know don't even name them Nintendo.The brand has a name of it's own.

Around the Network

No, of many of the users Nintendo has picked up since retiring the name, many of them are female. No need to return to such a male centric name.

I'd say yes. The Gameboy brand is more iconic then the DS, although the DS helped bring in new demographics they've all but scattered and now Nintendo are again looking towards the gaming core, Nintendo fans and young kids.

Feminists would go insane if there was a Gameboy but no Gamegirl!

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

No, because gameBOY sounds like an exclusive brand, only for men. That would make the feminists attack the console and force Nintendo to change the name or go out of the bussiness or something like that.

They could call it the Gamehumanbeing. That would be an appropiate name.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

"Only 90's kids" would love it...

Have a nice day...